The guilt over what I just ate :-(

Options
OMG I am going to hell or wherever it is bad people go as I just ate 4 slices of a Domino's Texas BBQ pizza!!!!! The guilt is unreal.

I didn't go to the gym for various reasons, went food shopping instead and it was ME who convinced my husband to get a pizza! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE who convinced him. I just get tired of being good all the time, I need a complete blow-out once in a while. It's been like 1 year since I had a Domino's.

I can't go to the gym all weekend but I will go for a long walk each evening to make up for it and work extra special super duper hard next week.

For about a split second, I did think about barfing it up again but that's definately not a road I want to go down and I will just have to deal with the guilt and work hard next week to burn it off. But OMG THE GUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    BREATH!

so you had pizza but you did not eat the whole thing,its all a part of a lifestyle change we all have been there done that, just get back on track asap and remember if your doing great 95% of the time then this one dip wont hurt you.

tomorrow is a new day pick it up from there and drop all of the guilt.
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    remember, tomorrow is another day. Don't worry too much, it's not that big of a deal. :)
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Just get over it and do it right tomorrow. Everything in moderation. Even being good. If you treat yourself from time to time you will find the next time you want pizza you won't feel like you need to eat 4 slices.

Whats done is done. Now move on solider and start marching on again.
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Happens to the best of us :) Each day is a new day. Remember this feeling of guilt next time.
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I totally understand. I have logged the Tostitos and Con Queso dip I plan on having later, and it will put me over by 75 calories (not to mention the sodium and fat), and in the grand scheme of things, its only one day, its only 75 cals, but I still feel guilty. I'm gonna have those chips though! :angry: It's amazing how guilt can take over our minds so easily.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath. Eating pizza isn't the end of the world. It really isn't. And honestly, one day of eating it won't throw your entire life off balance.

What's done is done. No guilt. No remorse. No beating yourself up. Log the pizza. Drink lots of water. Start fresh tomorrow. This is your life and not a diet.

Don't worry or stress. It isn't worth all the guilt. It was just pizza. ;)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    LOL everybody does that! As long as it's not every day...you've just confused your metabolism:-D
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Was it Yummy???
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    No way would I be sick and waste that! You're working hard here, the odd day off won't hurt. Don't let the guilt ruin it! :-)
  • rhomechic
    Options
    Just get over it and do it right tomorrow. Everything in moderation. Even being good. If you treat yourself from time to time you will find the next time you want pizza you won't feel like you need to eat 4 slices.

• rhomechic
    Options
    I am learning how to post on this site and I accidentally just stole someone's quote...OOPS. It doesnt hurt to cheat every once in awhile and I think it actually takes some of the pressure off. Dont be so hard on yourself. Nobody can be good all of the time. Have an awesome day.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

what she said! maybe you should incorporate some version of this BBQ pizza into your diet. maybe learn to make it yourself, and that way you can say "nah, i like my version better." honestly, that what i did with my guilty pleasure (sesame chicken).
  • FoxWilkinson
    FoxWilkinson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do that on average twice a month. I see no reason to deprive myself of pizza. I love pizza! And since there's a Dominos tens minutes from my apartment, and when my roomate offers to pay for the whole thing, I have a hard time refusing. My roomate doesn't like what I get on my pizza (tomatos/feta/peperoni) so he usually lets me have a whole one to myself. I make it last a few days, but 4 slices of fresh pizza is devine.

Just think of it as one day or one meal, and you'll get back on the wagan tomorrow or at your next meal. That's what I do. I used to feel guilty over everything, and it's not fun. Slap yourself on the wrist and get back to living life!
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I agree with someone above -- Was it good? If it was good, enjoy yourself, quit beating yourself up and just remember that we can have those days on occasion and go right back to plan with the next meal. Prior to MFP, ALL my days were so out of control that now an occasional out-of-control meal is still a vast improvement!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Crippling yourself with guilt over a minor food error really isn't going to help you much. We all have bumps along the way - heavy eating days. You don't need to punish yourself, you don't need to 'make this up'. If it were a daily occurrence you'd need to worry. But for today, all you need to do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with your next day. Don't worry about it.

We need to learn to uncouple food and emotion - or at least reduce the intensity of the emotional tie we've made between them. Food isn't comfort. Food isn't something we 'treat' ourselves with. Food isn't 'naughty' or 'good'. It isn't helpful to whip ourselves into a frenzy because we made an unproductive food choice. As much as possible, we need to unpick the emotional valence we give to our eating. It's absolutely ok to enjoy food for what it is, without making it into a big emotional deal.

Take care of yourself, and don't be too hard on yourself about this.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    NO GUILT! Pizza is good and sometimes we need to eat it. Just start over fresh tomorrow.
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Im glad you decided ..not to barf it up lol ...( i know thats not funy but it kinda is) This is really gross and i am not suggesting it but sometime i chew food and spit it in the garbage...:ohwell:
  • joshbrw
    joshbrw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just ate a WHOLE tub of ben and jerrys, feel SO **** about it lol
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Next time, get a small personal pizza and pair it with a gigantic salad with a light dressing. When I was on the gluttony train, I didn't think reasonable moderation would work for me, but it turns out I am capable, and that I CAN be satisfied with less than four giant slices of pizza. You can be, too. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, and I know how hard it is to get away from that thinking. Make a plan for next time, so when the craving hits, you're not bowled over by it.

Kris
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I mean this the nicest way possible...

SNAP OUT OF IT! :angry:

Yeah, you ate pizza. How is that such a horrible thing? You ate it, you enjoyed it, you haven't had it in a long, long time, and you probably won't have it again for a long, long time.

Yeah, you'll probably show a slight gain on the scale tomorrow from the sodium, but you didn't do anything wrong. You didn't do anything with lasting damage.

You know what's lasting damage? Ulcers. Keep fretting about it and you'll get one. You know what else is lasting damage? My brother's ex-girlfriend losing her front teeth from decay when she was bulimic.

I'm having pizza tonight. Buffalo chicken pizza and it's going to be delicious and I'm going to enjoy every single bite! :smile: