Almond-crusted chicken tenders & Cranberry Muesli reviews (p

Options
I found some recipes that I decided to try and took some pics to show you all. I figured I would throw in a review as well.

Almond Crusted Chicken tenders:

First off, I hate cooking chicken. I'm so picky that I usually end up eating only a few bites before I eat around the pieces of chicken included in my dishes.

I found this recipe for these chicken tenders and the picture is what struck me. The pieces looked deep fried (YUM, fried chicken is pretty much the only chicken I don't have a problem with) but they were baked and crusted with a healthy mixture of sliced almonds and seasonings. I grabbed everything I needed and proceeded to make them. The recipe calls for a wire rack to set them on, so that the crust doesn't get mushy on the underside. I would give these 5 stars.. they serously taste like fast food quality and they are only 174 calories per serving. The recipe includes 4 servings and I found that it rounded out to about 2 pieces per serving in a 1 pound batch of chicken. You can get chicken tenders in the chicken section, mine were foster farms.

Pre cooked. Forgot to snap a pic of the cooked ones. But they still look tasty in this pic :3
228891_10150267042462467_513252466_7906290_1807342_n.jpg

Cranberry Muesli

For those who don't know, craberry muesli is a wake me up breakfast. It's a mixture of uncooked rolled oats, nuts (sunflower seeds), and dried fruit (dried cranberries) that are soaked over night in a mixture of plain yogurt and unsweetened cranberry juice. I was excited to make this because it's super healthy and the tartness of the unsweetened cranberry juice sounded great in a morning breakfast. I enjoyed eating it, it was different. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the uncooked oats overpowered the rest of the ingrediants, but it wont stop me from eating it in the future. You can definitely add more items to this and make it more enjoyable. I'm thinking dried berries. 4 stars for the cranberry muesli.

314628_10150267395897467_513252466_7908845_5512656_n.jpg

Recipes -

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/almond_crusted_chicken_fingers.html

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cranberry_muesli.html
Cheers!

Replies