Just the beginning...

ischmelle
ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
I just wanted to share that today is the first day that people noticed I was losing weight! I really didn't expect it to happen that fast (usually people who see me everyday are the last to mention it!) but I was walking through our office today and one of my co-workers said "Girl, those pants are getting really baggy on you. You need some new ones." Woo hoo! Then, not 10 minutes later my boss said, "You sure have yourself looking slim and trim." (She is South African so the usage of sayings always make me giggle!) :laugh:

It has only been 8 pounds, and I now have to go to the gym because I ate a whooping breakfast so I have to earn some back for dinner, but I'm super excited that this is finally working. Who knew that all I had to do all these years was just simply keep track of what I was putting in my mouth! It kinda seems so easy when you think of it like that! :noway: Just wanted to share. Hope everyone had a great day like I did!

Replies

• ischmelle
    I just wanted to share that today is the first day that people noticed I was losing weight! I really didn't expect it to happen that fast (usually people who see me everyday are the last to mention it!) but I was walking through our office today and one of my co-workers said "Girl, those pants are getting really baggy on you. You need some new ones." Woo hoo! Then, not 10 minutes later my boss said, "You sure have yourself looking slim and trim." (She is South African so the usage of sayings always make me giggle!) :laugh:

It has only been 8 pounds, and I now have to go to the gym because I ate a whooping breakfast so I have to earn some back for dinner, but I'm super excited that this is finally working. Who knew that all I had to do all these years was just simply keep track of what I was putting in my mouth! It kinda seems so easy when you think of it like that! :noway: Just wanted to share. Hope everyone had a great day like I did!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    That is the best feeling! I was just discussing this with my boyfriend over the weekend that if I didn't have him to see me a couple times a week & tell me how I'm progressing that I would think that i'm looking exactly the same way! It's great too because you realize the importance of saying nice things to others & how much of a difference something small can make in your day!

Keep up the good work!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    You're absolutely right! It is just the beginning!!

Just think of where you will be by Valentine's Day!! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Great job!
  • ischmelle
    You're absolutely right! It is just the beginning!!

Just think of where you will be by Valentine's Day!! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Great job!

I know! Actually my goal is my birthday, which is March 10th. It's my present to myself. My mantra for the next 3 1/2 months is "No thanks...I refuse to be 29 and overweight." Everyone at work is sick of hearing it because that has been my response since November every time they offer me a cookie, or ask if I want to order out for lunch, etc.:tongue: I have actually started to really enjoy the working out (and my mp3 player!), so I'm know I'm on the right path finally!

All of the support here helps out a ton (thanks everyone:flowerforyou: ). I never thought it would make as much of a difference as it has.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    That is GREAT!! Remember that feeling and hold it tight. I even wrote down how it felt. Then when you are tempted, you will bring that image up and say

No thank you, I dont want to be 29 and over weight!!
    0002032A.gif
  • It's amazing sometimes just what one or two pounds will do to you. Getting compliments like that is very encouraging, and a big motivator. Good luck to you! I'm hoping to reach my goal by my birthday too.

108855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!