Blood Sugar is down!

Options
Just before Memorial Day my doctor told me I was pre-diabetic so I decided it was time to get serious. I've been checking my glucose since then and have lost 32 lbs. I was actually looking FORWARD to going to the doctor. Never really had that experience before! Had my follow-up appt today and she said my improvement has been "Phenomenal" !! WooHoo! I have moved into a lower category of diabetes threat and I KNOW I could not have done this without My Fitness Pal. I have the app on my phone so it really keeps me on track.

She told me to just keep doing what I've been doing, and I CAN DO THAT!

So good day for me. Yay!

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    whoohoooo! that's awesome!
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    Mega congrats!
  • HappyInSunshine
    HappyInSunshine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news! Congrats to you! I go to the doctor in four weeks and I'm hoping for the same results. Wish me luck!
  • staceyb00
    staceyb00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Woo, that is so great to hear!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yay, yay, yay!!!!! So proud of you. That is a serious disease and you are doing youself the BIGGEST favor. For this and so many reasons. That's great, really great! Congrats!~
  • NBowes88
    NBowes88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Congrats!! And keep up the great work!! :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Good for YOU!! I joined MFP and started losing weight right after the Dr. told me that I was two points into the danger zone with my blood sugar. That due to my weight 267.5 and my high blood pressure that I was likely pre-diabetic. I have now lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks. I get my blood retested in Feb. I stopped eating chips (sob) and Diet Coke (Boy do I miss that!) and sweets. However I am full all of the time due to eating heathy rather than empty calories. Yeah! I hope to be down 35-40 pounds by the time I have to get my blood tested. This is my third day on MFP so I'm still really excited. Sorry if I overshared. Keep up the good work. You can lose it and get healthy. Have a healthy week-end.
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    that is great news! congrats on your weight loss as well.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I know what you mean about looking forward to seeing the doc. It's a great feeling, indeed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!