Breakfast sandwich

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
I saw this and it was topic of well my conversation a couple of days ago so i thought i would share this

http://www.pfpchallenge.com/TrainerTips.aspx

Replies

• j_g4ever
    Options
    I saw this and it was topic of well my conversation a couple of days ago so i thought i would share this

http://www.pfpchallenge.com/TrainerTips.aspx
  • lmichele22
    Options
    :tongue: Thank you for sharing this, It looks so good, I think I will be making this; this week ! It looks like Mickey D's version too ! I've seen the cals for those at McDonalds too..

Thank you

Michelle

96972.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm so hungry right now... not hungry, CRAVING...
    Maybe I can make this for breakfast for Christmas!!

PFP_BLRecipe1.jpg
    1 strip extra-lean turkey bacon, cut in half crosswise
    Olive oil spray
    1 large egg white
    1 light multigrain or whole wheat English muffin (8 grams fiber per muffin; I used Thomas’), toasted
    1 (3/4-ounce) slice fat-free yellow American cheese

Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until crisp. Remove fromthe pan and cover to keep warm.

Spray a 31/2" or 4" microwave-safe bowl with the olive oil spray and add the egg white. Microwave for 30 seconds. Continue microwaving in 15-second intervals until it is just set completely.

Assemble the sandwich by placing the bottom half of the warm English muffin, inside up, on a plate. Top with the cheese, the egg, then the bacon. Add the English muffin top and serve.

Makes 1 serving

Per serving: 183 calories, 17 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (2 g saturated), 22 mg cholesterol, 8 g fiber, 625 mg sodium

Budget Tips from The Biggest Loser
    Egg substitute and egg white-only products can be a lot more expensive than eggs. Save money by buying a dozen eggs, instead, and using only the whites. If you have a friend or neighbor who can make use of the yolks—all the better!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Oh, I'm so hungry right now... not hungry, CRAVING...
    Maybe I can make this for breakfast for Christmas!!

PFP_BLRecipe1.jpg
    1 strip extra-lean turkey bacon, cut in half crosswise
    Olive oil spray
    1 large egg white
    1 light multigrain or whole wheat English muffin (8 grams fiber per muffin; I used Thomas’), toasted
    1 (3/4-ounce) slice fat-free yellow American cheese

Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until crisp. Remove fromthe pan and cover to keep warm.

Spray a 31/2" or 4" microwave-safe bowl with the olive oil spray and add the egg white. Microwave for 30 seconds. Continue microwaving in 15-second intervals until it is just set completely.

Assemble the sandwich by placing the bottom half of the warm English muffin, inside up, on a plate. Top with the cheese, the egg, then the bacon. Add the English muffin top and serve.

Makes 1 serving

Per serving: 183 calories, 17 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (2 g saturated), 22 mg cholesterol, 8 g fiber, 625 mg sodium

Budget Tips from The Biggest Loser
    Egg substitute and egg white-only products can be a lot more expensive than eggs. Save money by buying a dozen eggs, instead, and using only the whites. If you have a friend or neighbor who can make use of the yolks—all the better!

Thanks for posting this like this. Im clueless lol
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I might eat that for breakfast in the morning. My chocolote chip waffle was so not good for me according to MFP.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I have these often and in fact make them in the toaster/microwave at work. I use Canadian Bacon which is round and fits on the muffin very well plus it only has 20 calories. I keep a carton of egg beaters in the fridge and use a paper bowl to cook the egg, I don't even need the Pam.

Be very careful cooking eggs in the microwave. They can get overdone very quickly and make the most horrible odor. Your co-workers will kill you.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I make a version of this quite often! It's great. I sometimes use an extra lean canadian bacon I find at Trader Joe's. Sometimes, I don't use meat at all and just put a little salsa on it and I usually use a tablespoon or two of 2% shredded cheddar cheese.

The combo of good carbs and protein is GREAT! :drinker:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    That sounds like another good idea, TamTastic.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I have these often and in fact make them in the toaster/microwave at work. I use Canadian Bacon which is round and fits on the muffin very well plus it only has 20 calories. I keep a carton of egg beaters in the fridge and use a paper bowl to cook the egg, I don't even need the Pam.

Be very careful cooking eggs in the microwave. They can get overdone very quickly and make the most horrible odor. Your co-workers will kill you.

I appreciate the warning. I have vicious coworkers. Death would not be swift or merciless. :happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    bump