Ranch Dip/Dressing

Options
crb1988
crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
I love ranch dressing, I can't give it up. Tonight I had chips and dip. I made ranch dip using skim milk, regular mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix. I'm not a fan of the sour cream recipe, and I don't like the bottled versions of ranch dressing.

So here is my question. I was thinking of making dressing/dip with nonfat greek or regular plain yogurt instead of the mayonnaise. Will it have close to the same flavor as the full-fat mayo version? If not, do you have any ideas for healthier substitutes that will? I tried the mayo made with olive oil, and it did not turn out well at all.

Replies

• jsstein19
    jsstein19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms makes a Yogurt based Ranch. 70 cals per 2 Tablespoon serving size. Very tangy yogurt taste. Not bad.
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just bought some plain greek yogurt to attempt that very thing, I have a dip recipe that is sour cream, ranch powder, shredded cheddar and bacon. I'm going to try the greek yogurt, ranch powder, low fat shredded cheddar and low sodium bacon.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've made a ranch dip that was posted on here somewhere and it was delicious, full of protein and low in cals.

It's really hard to make though. :)

Blend 1 cup of 2% cottage cheese with one packet of ranch dressing mix for 2 minutes.

That's it. It's awesome.
  • stephanie_88
    Options
    I tried Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk mix with straight non fat Greek yogurt. It's thick and it has a slight twangy taste. Now I mix it with the yogurt, just a little regular mayonnaise and some skim milk to thin. It needs a little fat.
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    I use the greek yogurt and ranch powder for dip or thin it out with a couple tablespoons of skim milk for dressing. The greek yogurt is more like sour cream. I use it on baked potatoes too.