My name is Georgeann and I am new to this site.

Options
Hello all. My OB actually recommended this site to me after our long discussion about how this is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I have 2 beautiful children who are 3 and 6 yrs. old. I need to be around long enough for my kids to watch them grow and have kids of their own. I need to lose 150 pounds to reach my goal. I have tried all diets, pills, fasts, programs, tapes, etc...and needless to say, none have worked. I have underactvie thyroid and take medicine for it, high blood pressure, depression and anxiety of which I take meds for too. My cholesterol and triglycerides are really high also. I am 35 yrs. old and feel like I am pushing 70 with no desire to do anything. I also am a high school teacher and it is tough to work full time and then come home to a family and 2 little ones. I really need to eat better, excersice and get some energy. Have any of you guys lost over 100 lbs here. I pray that I will find success here. My sister just recently had gastric bypass surgery and has been in and out of the hospital due to her bad anxiety. She was 460 pounds before she had the surgery on Aug. 18th of this year. I will not let that happen to myself...

Replies

• claguna23
    Options
    this site is a great way to get support and keep calorie count......add me if you want... i'll be of the best support that i can be
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes not too long ago. Welcome and I hope this site is as helpful to you as it has been to me. Feel free to add me if you'd like some support!
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    welcome :) There's plenty of great ppl here on MFP...feel free to friend request me.
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    welcome Georgeann! if you need any support, lean on us. this site is a great support system :) add me if you would like. the more the merrier!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have only been her a little over a month, but love this site. I too have alot to lose and know just how your feel.

You will find this a great place to get motivated. Make sure you check out the recipe section. I have gotten alot of tips from there.

Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My OB actually recommended this site to me after our long discussion about how this is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I have 2 beautiful children who are 3 and 6 yrs. old. I need to be around long enough for my kids to watch them grow and have kids of their own. I need to lose 150 pounds to reach my goal. I have tried all diets, pills, fasts, programs, tapes, etc...and needless to say, none have worked. I have underactvie thyroid and take medicine for it, high blood pressure, depression and anxiety of which I take meds for too. My cholesterol and triglycerides are really high also. I am 35 yrs. old and feel like I am pushing 70 with no desire to do anything. I also am a high school teacher and it is tough to work full time and then come home to a family and 2 little ones. I really need to eat better, excersice and get some energy. Have any of you guys lost over 100 lbs here. I pray that I will find success here. My sister just recently had gastric bypass surgery and has been in and out of the hospital due to her bad anxiety. She was 460 pounds before she had the surgery on Aug. 18th of this year. I will not let that happen to myself...
    I haven't lost 100 lbs from *just* this site (I had lap-band surgery earlier this year) but I've unofficially lost 77 pounds since my journey began over a year ago. I have found that this site helps me stay on track with regards to watching what I eat and tracking my calories burned via exercise, and is a helluva lot easier than what I was doing (using an Excel spreadsheet). I'm sure you'll find this site to be very helpful!
  • kimberlyawagner
    Options
    Hi Georgeann! I am 33 (in 5 days :o) and and a high school lunch lady! Would love to encourage you! Add me as a friend if you like!