He said it wouldn't fit...

pamela1129
pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
And he was wrong.

I've been on MFP for over 60 days. I go to the gym regularly--about 5 times a week. I've lost 17 pounds. I've seen all these real cool gym rats with those things on their arms to hold their iPods or iPhones. I wanted one because although I can put my phone in my bra as I listen to music it tends to get sweaty and a lot of times my workout pants don't have pockets.

So I wanted one. I went to Big 5 on my way to the gym today. As I went in this guy looks at me and asks me what I'm looking for. I tell him. He kind of hemmmmsss and haws...and finally says well sure they have that but it wouldn't fit me.

Hello? He handed it to me---it was the last one and I put it on, velcro'd it up and smiled sweetly at him and told him it FIT JUST FINE.

GRRRRRRRRRRR.

I was fine until I really started thinking about it later. How dare he say that to me! I'm tempted to write the company and complain.

I'm big but I'm not THAT big!! :explode:

Replies

• tarrox
    tarrox Posts: 47
    How RUDE! You showed him he was wrong and that's what matters :) Congrats on your weight loss!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Boy this was a lot different type of post than I was expecting. :indifferent:
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    RUUUUDE! And you sure shut him up anyway! Keep focusing on your own goals and let the naysayers fall by the wayside where they belong!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Bad customer service. I'd complain to the manager or something. No..I probably would have cussed him out after punching him in the mouth, but you should complain.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Well, it is kinda rude but remember, living well is the best revenge.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    He's disgusting! I would have told him off but you OWNED him in the end.
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Despite your aggravation, I was smiling. Smiling at the fact that it fit. And fit just fine! Satisfaction in that should overshadow any jerk, that now has his foot in his mouth! LOL You go!
  • I am really hard to offend, but I am completely offended for you! You absolutely should call the management. If I owned a company I would want to know if my employees were behaving that way.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Whatever.

my girlfriend is a big girl, and the ipod arm band thing barely fit her. she had to use the extension. so i can see his point. would you have rather wasted the money and find it didnt fit.
    geeze people will find anything to complain about.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Wow what a *kitten*!!
    I wouldnt of been able to not have a go!!

Similar thing happened to me when i was shopping on holiday.
    I was wearing a big hoody and the shop guy said i looked about 5 sizes bigger than i actually was!!
    Felt so gutted nearlly started crying!

If anything you'v proven him wrong by shopping him it fits.
    I bet he felt so bad afterwards!
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    As a former retail associate, I can say that there was absolutely no appropriate reason for him to say that, and I recommend you contact a manager (or some other form of higher-up), because clearly his customer service skills are lacking.

Say, for example, someone else came in for something similar, someone who is working their butt off to lose some weight, and he says something like that. Some people would take that so incredibly personally that they would drop their endeavor all together. No, that was very poor customer service on his part and that should be brought to someone's attention.
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Whatever.

my girlfriend is a big girl, and the ipod arm band thing barely fit her. she had to use the extension. so i can see his point. would you have rather wasted the money and find it didnt fit.
    geeze people will find anything to complain about.

This may be partly true, in regard to not wanting to waste money. But a good retail associate would have offered to let the customer try it on, if only to see if they liked the fit, make sure it was comfortable, etc. This isn't a simple complaint, it was inappropriate behavior in regard to someone who is supposed to be professional, and clearly he was not.
  • pamela1129
    Wow xraychick77, you're quite rude yourself. Do work at Big 5 too?
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Wow! I would have whopped him upside the head with something really heavy! Xraychick77 included.

:explode:
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Wow! I would have whopped him upside the head with something really heavy! Xraychick77 included.

^^ This, exactly.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    It definitely was rude! Regardless of if it fit or not, he could have found a nicer way of perhaps suggesting you try it on. Good for you for showing him!

Xraychick--there was really no need for that. It wasn't helpful and was just as rude as he was!
  • pamela1129

^^ This, exactly.

LOL! Yeah, no kidding. Mean people suck. I wonder why they have to be incredibly mean like that? Makes no sense to me. We come here to share things about our weight loss journey. I could see someone asking me why I was complaining about something if it was a huge habit for me here---which it isn't--but to be rude like her for no reason? ::shrug:: Makes you wonder.

At any rate, thanks to you all for your kindness and support. It means a lot to me.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    complain, you might get free stuff! :)
  • NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    Xraychick...
    and you NEVER complain about anything??? If you don't think she deserved to feel insulted? Perhaps you should stop off at the local auto parts store and see if they can fit you with a filter. How old are you anyway? Old enough to know how to know what RUDE is.
  • Wow! I would have whopped him upside the head with something really heavy! Xraychick77 included.

Yeah! But if you read Xraychick's profile you will see she has problems all her own..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!