Hello

loki65
loki65 Posts: 25
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Not sure what to say...I need to lose weight!!!! The picture I have posted is of a skinnier me - and what I wish I weighed right now!!!! I am using it as my inspiration - I was there before, I can be there again! I like this website and have recommended it to a bunch of my friends. i didn't realize how much I was eating. The first thing I did, was eat like normal & logged everything. What an eye opener!!!! I like this plan, because I think it helps you learn a better way to eat, it isn't about denial, its about moderation. And since I really like chocolate, that is important to me!!! Anyway, I decided to start posting after 2 months, because I know that the next week with the holidays is going to be a challenge, and I think that I can use the extra help!!! I work in a school, and my normal day runs from 6:30 to 6:00. Right now we are on break, which means more time and means to eat!!!! Of course when school is on, there is more stress...so I am not sure which is better....Anyway, greetings & happy holidays! It is good to be here! Diane

Replies

• loki65
    Not sure what to say...I need to lose weight!!!! The picture I have posted is of a skinnier me - and what I wish I weighed right now!!!! I am using it as my inspiration - I was there before, I can be there again! I like this website and have recommended it to a bunch of my friends. i didn't realize how much I was eating. The first thing I did, was eat like normal & logged everything. What an eye opener!!!! I like this plan, because I think it helps you learn a better way to eat, it isn't about denial, its about moderation. And since I really like chocolate, that is important to me!!! Anyway, I decided to start posting after 2 months, because I know that the next week with the holidays is going to be a challenge, and I think that I can use the extra help!!! I work in a school, and my normal day runs from 6:30 to 6:00. Right now we are on break, which means more time and means to eat!!!! Of course when school is on, there is more stress...so I am not sure which is better....Anyway, greetings & happy holidays! It is good to be here! Diane
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hi! Welcome to you and beat of luck!! :flowerforyou:

I know you can do this! It is an eye opener to really pay attention to what we are eating and get control over it. Food just isn't worth it, you know what I mean?

I haven't felt deprived at all over the last year because I went about things differently. I enjoyed pizza, but ONE slice. I have ice cream, but a small serving, I even have days I just enjoy the meal and don't record every single thing (Like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Super Bowl Sunday), but get right back on track the next day. Being able to trust yourself to do that and know you can get back on track is a big tool in keeping this up!

Take care!!
    -Tami
  • loki65
    Yeah I was kind of thinking about NOT recording calories on Christmas....but at the same time, I plan on trying to exercise SOME self control!!! I live with my boyfriend, and Christmas Eve is the big celebration nite with his family, so I am going to try & eat a light breakfast and lunch tomorrow....anyway, thanks for the welcome!!!!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Hi and Welcome. I love this site and have had amazing results, just like MANY others. Best wishes and lots of luck!!
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Welcome Loki,

I tend to forget to log on the holidays, but i do remind myself of a couple of things before digging in.
    1. I mentally devide my plate up into 50% veggies (not in a cream or cheese sause) 20 % veggies (cream/cheese ok, but I usually put cranberry relish in this spot) and 30% lean meat like turkey breast. I steer clear of gravy (which is easy for me).. And I try for a smaller plate to begin with!

2. Desert is a third slice of pumpkin pie (usually lower in sugar and fat than other pies) and 1 cookie

It is still high calories, but it is about half of the calories of a "regular" holiday meal. Plus, I walk the dog before I eat, and before desert..

Good luck!
    Ileana

PS.. love the alpaca in the pic. I bottle raised a baby years ago, used to sit between my legs, with his head on my shoulder to sleep. I miss him terribly!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Well welcome, you!!! The encouragement and information I have recieved on this forum have been intrumental in my weight loss.

Good luck to you and I look forward to seeing you post!:drinker:
  • loki65
    Well thanks for the welcome everyone! The Alpaca actually belongs to a friend of mine who has a small farm where she keeps alpaca & raises dwarf nigerian goats(milking goats) & southdown babydoll sheep(wool sheep). I was helping her out that day at a program she was doing. The siamese cat in my tracker is my cat Loki. I work in a school, but I also work at a nature center/farm. And I spin wool, so having friends who keep wool bearing animals is a plus! :happy:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi Loki,

I love the name! My cat's name is Loki. I'm sure you probably knew but Loki is the Norse God of Pranks and Mischief.

The Mask in Jim Carey's "The Mask" is the mask of Loki.

Welcome to MFP!

Merry Christmas!
  • loki65
    Yes, Loki is named after the Norse god & because everyone told me that it would be wrong to name him Trouble! So I just named him after the Norse god of trouble.....Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!!!
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Welcome, your going to love MFP! Best of Luck to You!
This discussion has been closed.