116 calorie (or less!) lunch quiches!

Options
sugarbone
sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
The screenshot below has the exact measurements I used, because I like to weigh my food.

Preheat oven to 170* celsius

Whisk together:
3 medium-large eggs
2 tbsp skim milk
3/4 cup cottage cheese
Meat of your choice (i used low fat shredded chicken, lean turkey and ham work great too!)
Sprinkle of chopped spinach
Seasonings of your choice

You can obviously add all the veggies you want and skip on the chicken if you want! I used normal cottage cheese but low fat would make this even lower cal and lower fat. I also only add some pepper and chili flakes to season, as it's already pretty flavorful without salt imo.

Grease muffin tins with canola oil, I used ~1 tbsp for 5 (this recipe should fill about 5 average sized muffin tins). Pour in the mix leaving a couple milimeters for them to expand in the oven. Bake for about 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. A fork inserted should come out clean and the tops will have started to brown a little around the edges. Overcooking em a bit doesn't ruin them though, depends how dry you want the eggs!

Calculate your own cals based on any substitutes and the meat you use, mine were as follows:

quiche.png

11g of protein too, not bad! I like to eat 2 for lunch, sometimes 3 if I'm peckish :)

Replies

• dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    The screenshot below has the exact measurements I used, because I like to weigh my food.

Preheat oven to 170* celsius

Whisk together:
    3 medium-large eggs
    2 tbsp skim milk
    3/4 cup cottage cheese
    Meat of your choice (i used low fat shredded chicken, lean turkey and ham work great too!)
    Sprinkle of chopped spinach
    Seasonings of your choice

You can obviously add all the veggies you want and skip on the chicken if you want! I used normal cottage cheese but low fat would make this even lower cal and lower fat. I also only add some pepper and chili flakes to season, as it's already pretty flavorful without salt imo.

Grease muffin tins with canola oil, I used ~1 tbsp for 5 (this recipe should fill about 5 average sized muffin tins). Pour in the mix leaving a couple milimeters for them to expand in the oven. Bake for about 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. A fork inserted should come out clean and the tops will have started to brown a little around the edges. Overcooking em a bit doesn't ruin them though, depends how dry you want the eggs!

Calculate your own cals based on any substitutes and the meat you use, mine were as follows:

quiche.png

11g of protein too, not bad! I like to eat 2 for lunch, sometimes 3 if I'm peckish :)

edit: oops, not sure why the image isn't working :s

change the IMG on both ends to lower case. :)
  • sugarbone
    Options
    Thank you kindly :)
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Oops! Guess you got it! You're welcome!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I adore quiches...going to try it out this weekend. Thanks :-)
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! Will definitely give it a try, thanks for sharing!
  • delmeg10
    delmeg10 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This sounds SO good! I can't wait to try it! Thanks! :-)
  • sugarbone
    Options
    Hope you all enjoy :) Thank you!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    sounds good, great thing to have for a lunch at work

Question but how much meat to put in?? I don't want to over do it, or not enough, a rough estimate is ok ! thanks !
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • nays1983
    nays1983 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great recipe.... I will deffintitly attempt this one!! Thanks for the idea :wink:
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    bump... bf loves quiches....
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    ooh, that's a great idea! i never thought of making a quiche without the crust, but i'll definitely try it :)
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i am making this for dinner tonight! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • west1223
    Options
    bump
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bumpin...yummmmm!
  • tlwicklund
    Options
    sounds delicious! thanks
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
    Sounds excellent
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! We have some veggie cottage cheese around here I think will be great with it!