Newbie ISO MFP friends 4 mutual encouragement/support

Options
Hi -- I'm Thom a 6' 3", 220 lb. 50 year old in Alexandria, VA who hates to diet and hates to exercise but who wants to drop at least 20 - 30 pounds by my wedding day in October 2012.

My diet isn't bad -- I eat very little red meat and fast food, lots of veggies and fruit and healthy amounts of milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. I simply eat too much and beyond that have a terrible sweet tooth: Coke, ice cream, baked goods and peanut butter are killers for me, none of which I can eat in moderation.

I'm just about to finish my second week trying to take in no more than 1900 calories and it's been a real eye opener. The first week I realized just how much I was eating in a day -- most times 2,500 calories or more + very little exercise. Since then I've only gone over 1900 once and while I'm not exercising every day I have started to do so more often.

It would be great to connect with some folks who are in a similar situation as I am -- trying to re-tool their caloric intake, fight off the donuts and lose the middle-age tire while building up strength.

Looking forward to making some new MFP friends!