Choosing a HRM

Options
I am hoping to buy a HRM, mostly to use for jogging, walking and 30 day shred. Any recommendations, I probably want to keep it around 60 euro or so, if that is possible.

Thank you

Replies

• RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased a watch HRM and it was horrible at tracking distance and calories. I will be returning it. :(
  • kgferrari
    Options
    Regardless of what brand you pick choose one that has a chest band. These ones continually monitor your heart rate (and therefore calories burnt etc) where as those that are a watch only you have to put a finger over a reader to see what your current heart rate is and if it calculates calories burnt then it can't do it anywhere near as accurately as one with a chest strap.

Polar is the brand I use. No idea what they cost in euros, but the chest strap on my FT7 is really comfortable. I don't feel it at all when I'm exercising.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I used the watch ones and they were okay but the actual straps on the watch broke easily.

I bought a Polar FT4 recently and I love it!!!!!! Well worth investing in a good brand!

LouiseXXX
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I live in the US, but the Polar FT4 or Ft7 should be fine.... look on amazon or ebay.