Losing the Spark

Options
Just lately, I have stopped feeling the motivation. I am still, on the whole, eating healthily and exercising a little more as we go but I'm just not feeling the same excitement as I did when I first started losing and this is leading to temptation to slip into old bad habits.

Has anyone got any idea how you keep that motivation up? I still want to lose weight, not least because I'm still about 3 stone heavier than I was when I met my partner and I miss wearing my old clothes. I know this in my head but my heart needs a bit more convincing.

Replies

• SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Maybe its like when you find a new bloke?
    Its exciting in the beginning but you have to find other ways of making it rewarding in the longer term?
    I don't know, I haven't got that far in yet
  • pavanneh
    pavanneh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your fitness routine. Try some new exercises or completely different types of exercise. Belly Dancing is one I am interested in. It looks fun and it burns calories. Try switching up your diet as well. A new diet recipe a week or find a dress you REALLY want to fit in at a store that you need to save up for and have to lose weight to fit in it. Sometimes it is just finding the right things to click to get you motivated again.
  • loubulou2209
    Options
    I LOVE belly dancing! It's great - definitely worth doing! :)