Little things...

Options
Stripycat
Stripycat Posts: 66 Member
I had to put my emergency jeans on yesterday - the ones I haven't worn since I was 15 stone. The ones I replaced, vowing never to wear them again, when I saw how massive and bulgy I was in them in a photo taken at a party. The cloth at the crotch was wearing away because my thighs were so big. They barely held me in, and I threatened to explode out of them.

Since then, the beginning of April, I've lost just over 2 stone. I put them on without undoing the button or the fly, and kept having to hitch them up all day. They flop over the end of my feet, they threaten to expose my bum. Must get a belt.

I LOVE IT (although I now can't really wear them cos they're too big)!

And the t-shirt I used to disgust myself in, bulging and undulating in all the wrong places, is currently fitting me comfortably.

Hurray!

These little things that have made me so happy, are the result of thousands and thousands of little steps, taken at walking pace, and a few more thousand at a running pace, over the last 4 months.

I am very, very chuffed!

What little things have made your day and marked your success?

Replies

• mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how happy this makes me! So very proud of you my darling girl - and I always knew you could and would do it.

My little thing...definitely the comments I got last night at work. That my face is thinner. That my size18 jeans are now too big and my thighs seem smaller and more toned.

But mainly that I keep dragging my *kitten* out there to run, even for 15 minutes, every other day. That I can do it after all this time believing I was destined to be "big" and that actually I was ok with...when clearly I'm not.
  • Stripycat
    Options
    Mimaduck83 - You put up such a fight against it before, no-one's more surprised than me to see you going for this in such a big way.

I am very proud of the work you've done, and it really is paying off. There's less of you each time I see you!

Or rather, less of the stuff that hid the real you, and held you back. More of you, a happier, more relaxed and in control you!

xxx
  • HazelAngelstar
    Options
    well done - I am wearing a pair of size 16 jeans today - comfortably. My other jeans are size 18, and need to be held up with a belt they are so loose on me now .... I am trying to get down to a size 14-16 ... and then plan to treat myself to a new wardrobe of clothes that fit me. enjoy your success - and small steps soon add up :) xxx
  • Stripycat
    Options
    well done - I am wearing a pair of size 16 jeans today - comfortably. My other jeans are size 18, and need to be held up with a belt they are so loose on me now .... I am trying to get down to a size 14-16 ... and then plan to treat myself to a new wardrobe of clothes that fit me. enjoy your success - and small steps soon add up :) xxx

Brilliant! You're a star!
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Well done!!!!

Keep up your hard work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!