Whats your fav go to diet foods?

Options
nas24
nas24 Posts: 880 Member
I'm about to head to the store to stock up on good, diet food, and wanted to know what everyone else's go to diet foods are? Snacks or meals. Thanks!

Replies

• mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats w/ low fat peanut butter
    Salad with Chicken breast, fat free ranch and a bit of buffalo wing sauce

I think I eat these two things every single day! I am boring but it is dependable. :smile:
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    laughing cow light cheese wedges (flavored) and arnolds mini sandwich thins! They are great when you have a cheesy craving. Like a mini cheese sandwich for 85 calories!
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits & veggies, 0% Fat plain Greek Yogurt (Fage or Chobani brand), turkey tenderloins, chicken, brown rice, quinoa, wheat berries, eggs, low fat cheese, whole wheat wraps. This is basically my whole shopping list. I like tzatziki for a spread or dip for veggies.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Japanese Cabbage Pizza!!!!

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/japanese-pizza-recipe.html

I seriously add some japs and nix the almonds and I am one happy b***h!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I do not eat ''diet'' food, I eat food period.

Almonds
    Chicken breast
    Eggs
    parmesan cheese (pack alot of flavor)
    frozen berries
    greek yogurt
    Plenty of vegetables
    A few fruits
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Fruits. veggies, and nuts.I try to stay as far away from processed as I can.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Fage Mango greek yogurt, tea biscuits (I know, random), and flavored water.
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, fish, salad, fresh veggies, a little pasta or potatoes, beans and lentils... here are a couple of my favourite recipes...

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9021/chicken-and-white-bean-stew

http://weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=7010602
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    "Diet Foods" make me cringe.. the very thought. Oh, I used to buy the lean cuisines and healty choices that the supermarkets sold but often these had lots of sugar in lieu of the fats being removed.

Just get some veggies, some nice lean meat - chicken and fish - although lean beef and lamb is delicious too (unless of course you're vegetarian <oops!>).

For snacking try celery, sweet peppers (capsicums) and grapes , cottage cheese, crispbread, blueberries, apples, or whatever fruits you prefer.

I hardly ever buy ready meals - sure it means having to guestimate calories - but I'd rather be 100-200 cals out per day and know that everything is fresh than have precise measurements and a ton of preservatives for my body to process.
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever buy ready meals - sure it means having to guestimate calories - but I'd rather be 100-200 cals out per day and know that everything is fresh than have precise measurements and a ton of preservatives for my body to process.

I agree :bigsmile:
  • Kitty412
    Kitty412 Posts: 152
    Options
    Watermelon. Yummy. :)
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Almonds
    Chicken breast
    Eggs
    frozen berries
    greek yogurt
    Plenty of vegetables
    A few fruits
    Ditto. Eat foods now that you will eat the rest of your life. Not just to diet but to live a healthy life. :)
  • julk_1212
    julk_1212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have found that friut is the best for me as snack food. I grab a med size container and pack it with friut that I can just eat any time I get hungry. I usually have: plums (generally only 30ish cals each!), Strawberries, grapes, sometimes half a bannana, or an apple. Its great for between breakfest and lunch snack... or anytime.
    I always fill my cart at the grocery store with veggies and friut. Grap maybe a small thing of pork and some chicken. Soy milk, Like vanilla soy milk or almond milk which are great in low cal cerial. Also great in smoothies. Also I love special K cerial, great dry and great with soymilk. So far it seems to be the best with flavor and you get more for less cals. Speial k redberries, 1 cup is 110 cal, pour a little vanilla soymilk on it and you've got a 145-165 cal snack and its filling. Great with sliced bannanas too... yum!
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    Don't like the word "diet" just tends to focus on the reminder that your restricting and then you want it even more and we all want what we can't have right!? Shop the perimeters of the grocery store... prepare your food ahead like chop up your veggies & fruit the moment you get home so it is easier to grab in those weak moments. Take to-go snack packs in your car so your less tempted when out and about (examples, protein bar, raw almonds, etc.) My secret weapon helps to curb my sweet tooth and give me the energy that I didn't use to have... so grateful.

Feel free to friend me for some calorie free food for thought. Have a fit-abulous day! Colleen
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options

Almonds
    Chicken breast
    Eggs
    frozen berries
    greek yogurt
    Plenty of vegetables
    A few fruits

LIKE! Diet should describe your food intake, not the type of food you eat. Eat natural, whole, unprocessed foods and you can't go wrong. Use MFP to watch your caloric, sugar and sodium intake and you'll get where you want to be.
  • nas24
    Options
    Thanks for all the input guys! This really helped me add somethings to my list.
  • nas24
    Options
    Do yall like soy or almond milk better? Also what are some foods that pack protein (snack or meals) that you love to eat?
  • donkeygrl
    donkeygrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Aldi's mini rice cakes - cheese flavor....sometimes dipped in fat free sour cream mixed with powdered onion soup ;-)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Do yall like soy or almond milk better? Also what are some foods that pack protein (snack or meals) that you love to eat?

Never tried soy milk and don't want to. I don't like the fact that soy has estrogenic effects but that's just me and my weirdness.
    I bought some organic unsweetened almond milk and truthfully, I can hardly stomach it. Maybe it's just the brand I got (Pacific Foods) or maybe it's the fact it's unsweetened, but I can't drink it and I'm not a picky eater/drinker so in my case that's saying a lot.

For protein I love eggs. I make mini omelets for myself using one whole egg and 2 egg whites (you can by pasteurized whites in little cartons so there's no mess - you can measure them out and one tablespoon is roughly one egg white). I might throw in some cheese and veggies and it's sooo delicious.
    If I need to up my protein and for whatever reason can't have it in food form I will make a whey shake with 2% milk but you can use skim or even water (but it's yummier with milk).
    Other good sources of protein are legumes, nuts, chicken, turkey, beef and I'm sure others will have good ideas for you. Edit - forgot to add cottage cheese!!
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    sunflower seeds, natural almond butter, apples, pineapple in a can (100% juice), tuna fish, low salt deli meats, 2% land o lakes american cheese from the deli, the arnolds flats are amazing and only 100 calories, kashi go lean bars are great too.