Update on my son...

Options
Ok for all those of you that had such wonderful advice and encouragment for me about a month ago when I posted about my 13 yr old son...I have news!:smile:
We went back to his Dr yesterday for his follow up and to get the results of his bloodwork and I have to share with you guys. I am SOOOO proud of this boy!:heart: To start with, he has lost 26 lbs since that visit with the Dr almost a month and a half ago:drinker: But the best part is that ALL his levels...triglycerides, cholesterol, glucose, etc. are ALL back in the normal range!! What I was most impressed with was that he went from a triglycerides reading of 237 all the way down to 135!!:happy: He still has more weight to lose, but oh am I just beaming here:heart: And he almost cried in front of the Dr when she was telling him how proud she is of him and how well he has done:cry: When we were on our way home, he said Mom, I am sooo happy and proud of myself I just want to cry! Then he looked at me and said you know Mom, I could never have done this without your help, your encouragement, your support and your cooking!! He said you know you were sooo right when you told me that if I just listen to you and give it a chance it will happen. I cant tell you how much that meant to me!:blushing: He is my heart!
But from "Mom" to you guys....Thank you soooo very much for teaching ME how to be healthier so that I am able to pass it on to him:heart::flowerforyou: You guys just dont know how much it means to me to have you here to share with, learn from, and get such wonderfully good advice, and keep me feeling as proud of myself for what Im doing as I should be!:blushing: Thank you for all your advice, encouragment, support, and examples!:flowerforyou:
Ok, I think Im done now....:blushing:
~Roni

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ok for all those of you that had such wonderful advice and encouragment for me about a month ago when I posted about my 13 yr old son...I have news!:smile:
    We went back to his Dr yesterday for his follow up and to get the results of his bloodwork and I have to share with you guys. I am SOOOO proud of this boy!:heart: To start with, he has lost 26 lbs since that visit with the Dr almost a month and a half ago:drinker: But the best part is that ALL his levels...triglycerides, cholesterol, glucose, etc. are ALL back in the normal range!! What I was most impressed with was that he went from a triglycerides reading of 237 all the way down to 135!!:happy: He still has more weight to lose, but oh am I just beaming here:heart: And he almost cried in front of the Dr when she was telling him how proud she is of him and how well he has done:cry: When we were on our way home, he said Mom, I am sooo happy and proud of myself I just want to cry! Then he looked at me and said you know Mom, I could never have done this without your help, your encouragement, your support and your cooking!! He said you know you were sooo right when you told me that if I just listen to you and give it a chance it will happen. I cant tell you how much that meant to me!:blushing: He is my heart!
    But from "Mom" to you guys....Thank you soooo very much for teaching ME how to be healthier so that I am able to pass it on to him:heart::flowerforyou: You guys just dont know how much it means to me to have you here to share with, learn from, and get such wonderfully good advice, and keep me feeling as proud of myself for what Im doing as I should be!:blushing: Thank you for all your advice, encouragment, support, and examples!:flowerforyou:
    Ok, I think Im done now....:blushing:
    ~Roni
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!!! Congrats to both of you!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! :drinker:

You both are doing great! Good job, mom! :flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Thanks ladies!:flowerforyou:
    P.S. If anyone knows how to get the original thread I posted so that others can read the full "story" of what Im talking about...I found my original post back on page 17, the heading is that I need some advice...just thought it might be helpful for those who dont know what Im talking about with my son:wink: Would be alot easier to post the link for it here than goin over it all again:blushing:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay-- so more tears today-- sheesh-- :cry:

Awesome news-- Roni-- so proud of you and your son-- you should post this on the "proud" thread-- this is truly inspiring.

Hugs to you and your boy--
    Marla
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    HURRAY!!! :drinker:

We want pics :wink: (well, I do), but I do believe ya! :blushing:
    Well done, Roni! :flowerforyou: Hope everyone reads your post and gets inspired :flowerforyou: .
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news!!!!

I am so happy for both of you!! :flowerforyou:

:heart:
    -Tami
  • Nonibug
    Options
    HURRAY!!! :drinker:

We want pics :wink: (well, I do), but I do believe ya! :blushing:
    Well done, Roni! :flowerforyou: Hope everyone reads your post and gets inspired :flowerforyou: .

:blushing: lol Im going to try and get some new pics on here over the xmas holidays:flowerforyou:

Okay-- so more tears today-- sheesh--

Awesome news-- Roni-- so proud of you and your son-- you should post this on the "proud" thread-- this is truly inspiring.

Marla

Thank you Marla:flowerforyou: Does anyone know how to move it over there?:blushing: I sure dont...lol
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    That is such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you & your son! I'm sure he'll always feel that sense of pride knowing that he has turned things around & made himself healthier. Not only that, but, he'll also remember the support, love & encouragement that you gave him. What a wonderful story of mother/son bonding. He really knows that you're there for him! I love it! Thank you for sharing your story! :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Okay-- so more tears today-- sheesh-- :cry:

Marla

Seriously! Over on the SAHM thread today we're having a dang "happy tears" cry fest! I'm SO proud of you & your son, Roni. I just can't say it enough! *hugs* Keep up the fantastic work. You are doing great!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    That's incredible Roni! I'll do the happy dance for you!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Roni-you have given your son the best christmas present ever-health!

I went thru a similar thing with my son at 15 yrs old. He did all the work, like your son, but he knew I had to cook. I would ask him to look up recipes on line, and then we would cook them together.

He is almost 26 now and we have discussed that time in his life. he said he appreciated all the times i stopped what I was doing to take him to the gym and that it had an effect on how he lives his life as an adult.

he loves to cook and is so durn handsome!!

I know he is too old for silly things....but here is a woot woot anyway~
    00020210.gif
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    he loves to cook and is so durn handsome!!

Pics, pics. Ah, sheesh, I'm married already, forget it. Hehe :glasses:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/30333-some-advice-please

Here's the original thread. Congratulations to the both of you!! :drinker:
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Back in May my husband and I do a Health fair and that consists of a blood draw and you won't believe it but his tryglicerides(?) were ....605........I thought he was going to die any day, Not to mention he is only 28yrs old and in fairly good shape weighing about 190lbs. The Dr. said he had never sign them so high so he wanted to recheck after a month of changing his diet, so we tried...and then they were 652.........Holy crap, it makes me so scared:cry: Now he has to go back the end of this month for another recheck...he has been doing pretty good on his new eating habbits..cause of me:tongue: so lets hope for a good result! Your son is doing amazing, that is awesome! Best of luck to the both of ya!

Karen
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am super proud of your son.

BUT--

I am more proud of you.

What an awesome role model you are for him. What an awesome supportive mother you've been. What a great encourager. What he has done is all to his credit, but you enabled him to be able to do it. :heart:
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!! What an accomplishment for both of you!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Karen-Thanks so much! Good luck to you with the results:flowerforyou: I hope his levels have come down, it really is very scary...I know exactly what you mean! Good eating habits really do make all the difference, so heres to good results!!:drinker: :drinker:
    Cheermom-Thank you so much for putting the link for the original thread on here:flowerforyou: He really has come so far already:heart:
    Thank you all for all your support and encouragment:flowerforyou: I felt as though I got an early christmas present:heart: You guys are the best!:drinker:
    ~Roni
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    wow, that was what i needed today. you are a great mom and you have a great son.