recording the difference!!!! 4 week challenge (ongoing)

Options
Right, so sometimes it's tough! :grumble: And you think why am I not losing more already!!!! :explode: ok so I got my measuring tape out and started measuring. It's hard to see the difference yourself when it's so gradual, also muscle weighs more which can be deceptive on the scales. But there is a way to differentiate!!! :happy: You will see a difference! So here's the challenge, record yourself today (you don't need to post your current measurements :wink: and then report back in 4 weeks time with your differences)

You can measure any of these parts or all of them:
Bust
Chest
Waist
Midway
Hips
Thigh
Knee
Calf
Upper arm
Forearm
Base of neck
Neck

I just measured my problem areas but you can measure all or some or more if you can think of them, any part of you and here is how:

*Always use a soft flexible measuring tape.
*The rule is measure the widest part, except for the waist, measure the narrowest point of the waist.
*Ladies, when you're measuring the chest, measure directly under the breast as high as you can.
*If you measure the bust, measure from the nipple around the back and across the other nipple, make sure the tape is straight, check in a mirror.
*When your measuring the hips, measure the widest part even if it seems to be almost your thighs
*Midway is the widest part between your hips and your belly button
*Always stand up straight to measure
*The knee refers to the area just above the knee
*I also try and take measurements where I have a birthmark it helps me measure exactly the same area eg I have a permanent freckle above my knee, so I always take the measurement exactly there.
*Measure in the mirror to make sure the tape is straight
* Don't pull the tape too tight, you're measurements will be inaccurate, If you see any rolls covering any part of the tape, it's too tight, it should go around comfortably without digging in.
*Use the bathroom mirror or a mirror in your room to double check the tape is straight before recording measurements!
* I measure in cm cos it makes the difference seem bigger :laugh:

I challenge you, get measuring, keep a notebook and track your progress and report back in 4 weeks let us know how it goes!!! :smile:
****If you want to report back in 6 or 8 or 10 weeks that's good too, whatever works for you :happy:

Replies

• kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It helps just like you say. I've been measuring every week since March.
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    :) I'll have been doing the measuring four weeks next monday, def post the difference then v excited about that
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Right so here's the difference 4 weeks on :noway:

Neck: - 3/4 inch
    calf: - 1 1/4 inch
    knee: -1 1/4 inch
    Thigh: - 2 inches
    Hips: - 1 3/4 inches
    Midway: - 1 3/4 inches
    Chest: - 3 1/2 inches
    Waist: - 4 1/4 inches