I'm kind of bummed..

Options
Since I started this journey in April - I've lost 37lbs which is awesome. But in the last 3 days, I've gained 2lbs. I know, I know... no big deal it's 2lbs. But for me, I've done nothing but see a loss on the scale since I started so now it's kind of got me freaked out that I'm going to gain all that weight back.

I was down with an injury a few weeks ago and wasn't able to exercise at all but the week during period, I had still lost. Is this just a delayed reaction of being inactive last week?

And the last few days, food wise has been rough so I KNOW that has not helped but those are an exception, not the rule.

I'll say it again.. I know I'm freaking over 2lbs and it's not that big a deal, but there is light at the end of the tunnel right? lol

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    You are doing GREAT. But I can sooo relate. I always focus on the 1 or 2 pound gain (and then for me it's my excuse to give up) You just have to keep on keeping on. Our bodies all fluctuate and you just happened to catch yours in one of those periods. Think about all you've lost!! I"m impressed.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    If you haven't eaten 7000 extra calories it is probably water weight or just normal every day flucuations......I only weigh once a week, keeps my sanity. Good luck!

Congrats on your loss so far:)
  • rashaell
    Options
    i agree, they body increases blood flow during an injury and increases in fluids, chances are its just water weight, increase your water intake, that is so important to keep up your water intake, our bodies automatically hold on to water if it doesn't get what it needs....you'll be back on track in no time, you're doing great, and reaching out to us is way better than being depressed about it and eating a few lbs of calories to feel better! Keep on keeping on...you can do it!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Sound like me...sprained my ankle a few weeks ago, couldn't workout, lost weight.

Started working out again, gained about 3 lbs.

I realized it's muscle, water, TOM, or just plain going up and down from stress.

It'll get better. :)
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'll say it again.. I know I'm freaking over 2lbs and it's not that big a deal, but there is light at the end of the tunnel right? lol

Have a great day everyone!
    There IS a light at the end of the tunnel...and it's not a train. :-)
  • webberhouse
    Options
    Keep up the great work. Look at all you have lost. Don't let 2 pounds set you back. You are doing amazing!!!!
  • terfywashere
    Options
    It's cool. My weight fluctuates by 2 to 3 pounds daily. Last night I weighed 143.8 pounds before I went to bed. After my shower this morning I was at 141.0. I have a good digital scale and my weight consistently changes like this throughout the week. I'm pretty sure my metabolism and water intake have a lot to do with it. Now I understand why a lot of people don't weigh themselves but once a week. If I actually lost weight I wouldn't be able to tell until at least a week or more of weighing and watching for a consistently lower number ;)

In short, try not to worry about two pounds. They could be gone the next day. Water weight is annoying like that.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if the injury made a difference but when you didn't exercise, did you keep within your calories? I don't think your food diary is open. If you did, then I wouldn't be too concerned. Did you eat out or have some salty food? Sometimes I can over analyze and I will have pizza one night (last night) and look at the scale this a.m. and see a two pound increase. I will run to my hubby and say, "See, I ate two pizzas of pizza and gained 2 lbs!!!". Then he will reign me in and tell me how I track everything and if 1 pound is 3500 calories then how could I have eaten 7000 calories over my limit in one evening. Then I relax a little and drink tons of water because I most likely can attribute it to salt. You've done a great job - this is a journey........I wouldn't worry too much!

'
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you haven't eaten 7000 extra calories it is probably water weight or just normal every day flucuations......I only weigh once a week, keeps my sanity. Good luck!

Congrats on your loss so far:)

hehe, I generally only weigh myself once a week too, but after that inital gain it was like the bandaid that you just kept ripping off slowly. I couldn't help but check it the next two days in a row.

Cedar - I did stay well within my calories -- I have a difficult time reaching 1200 some days, let alone going over it.

I'll definitely up my water intake. Yesterday's food diary was horrible -- I went well over my limit (by a good 1300 points) but we were out running all day and the hubby took me out for lunch and dinner for my birthday; it's why I said those days are the exception not the rule as it is extremely rare that something along those lines happens.

thanks guys