ANJU WARRIORS (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    From Gary..I corrected the daily schedule to accomodate the short week. I dont' know what I was thinking.
    The last day will definitely be Sept. 29th. We will take the rest of the weekend off and Start fresh for October on that Monday!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

~~This is the corrected BASIC daily schedule to accomodate the short week.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!

Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

I will post the videos this evening!

~~So this is the corrected ADVANCED daily schedule to accomodate the short week.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    SO we will be STARTING Thursday!

Please get me your SW and GW by Thursday... measurements if you want to post.

Fear the Spears!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    SW 146
    GW 138

Got it Linda!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    From Gary....HOW DOES THE SEPT CHALLENGE WORK? its very simple. You choose which exercise path you want to do for the day or week. Pygmy or BUSHMEN. Pygmy is more basic and low impact where BUSHMEN is the opposite. I would suggest trying something new! You do the exercises for the day. If there is a weekly goal meet that goal. Once a week you send your team captain an update saying I did all the dailies or I did 5 of them whatever is the case. Then send them your weight on Sunday. That's it. We compute the % of weight loss and your points for each day's exercise and add it together for a total team score. If all of your team completes the daily and weekly challenges you earn bonus points for the team. That's all there is to it really. I hope that helps!

Sounds simple!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Whoa - those daily exercises look killer, espeically considering I know I've got some killer exercises lined up as my daily exercises those same days. This should be interesting. Now to decide if I want to be pygmy or bushmen. The competitor in me is thinking advanced as a huge challenge, but I also don't want to injure myself. Does our team get more points if I do the advanced since it's so much harder?
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Good morning team :smile:

Julie Yes the Bushman do look killer. :tongue: No I dont see anywhere its stated that the Bushman do.

I'll ask though...
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    This is it!!! No more rules promise... I broke down the rules, points and tallies and made it as simple as I could.

~ONLY 3 days this 1st short week (Thurs- Sat.)

Weigh - in's
    Wednesday/Thursday you will need to post your beginning weight.
    Each Sunday or Monday morning you will need to post your ending. As a team we receive points for the % of weight you have lost.

Daily Challenges
    When you post your new weight on Sunday or Monday I need you to list if you did each daily challenge. If you missed a day or two please let me know. Remember if you miss a daily exercise challenge you can make it up for that week. So if you have a bad day double up the next. If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days Mon-Sat - the team will get 5 bonus points

Weekly Team Challenges
    In order to get the weekly 5 bonus everyone needs to do the set goal for the week all 6 days Mon-Sat .

~For example of what you will post on Sunday or Monday morning.

Current weight __________lbs.
    Dailies I did all 3 days this 1st week or how many.
    Weekly I was successful all this week or not.

Point System:

1 point for each pound lost per team member
    1 point for each team member that does their daily exercise (Daily!)
    1 point for each team member that does the weekly challenge

Bonus Points:

Daily Exercise - If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 day Mon-Sat - the team will get 5 bonus points.

Weekly Challenges - If every team member logs the weekly challenges as doing it for all 6 day Mon-Sat - the team will get 5 bonus points.

~~ PLEASE post your daily accomplishments as they keep our tribe's momentum and enthusiasm rolling.~~

LET HAVE FUN!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Our gmail account is anjuwarriors@gmail.com

If you would like the password let me know and I will PM it to you.
  • tlrunyon
    tlrunyon Posts: 127
    Options
    Ok ANJU Warriors....I need somebody to do the weekly BushMen challenge with me!!!!
    I can go into this battle alone or I can have a warrior (or two) with me:devil:
    What do you say guys????
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    For Julie:

Here is a question from one of my Anju Warriors....

Does our team get more points if I do the advanced since it's so much harder?

Thanks

Answer

Nope, both are the same... you get to choose which one you do on a daily basis. Both get the 1 point for every team member that complete's the daily challenge, and 5 bonus if all team members complete all 6 daily challenges
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Ok ANJU Warriors....I need somebody to do the weekly BushMen challenge with me!!!!
    I can go into this battle alone or I can have a warrior (or two) with me:devil:
    What do you say guys????

Not I for a bit... but I might add 1 Bushmen to the Pygmy?
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    That's cool! I'll wait...I...can....be...patient:grumble:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to starting tomorrow!!! I'll weigh myself first thing in the morning and then post on here while my baby bug eats her breakfast. I don't think I'll be do the bushmen exercises, at least not for a while! LOL!! I'm off to send you all friend requests!!!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Phew ladies! I think I'll have to read through all of this again tonight. But I'm excited. Was stoked when I got the PM from Jorden that you had an open spot!!

Quick 'about me' : I'm Reese, Live in PA with DH (6 years married, 11 together! :heart: ), 2 kiddos (2 & 4 year old boys!:heart::heart: ), and 2 dogs. I work in the Mental Health Field. And since college have went from athletically fit playing volleyball @ school to gaining the 'happily together' weight of living with DH, to the 'just married' weight, to the 'havin' some babies!!' weight...I've been at this for a bit and have lost about 20lbs since I started MFP. But I need to lose about 10 more lbs to feel more comfortable with where I'm at!

I'm looking forward to participating in the challenges. I do strength training mixed with some cardio most days but I love a good challenge and am glad to be a part!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    ANJU [Indian] means Blessings; Inconquerable

1 Captain Jorden (FitJ1210)
    2 Name? (candb)
    3 destiny (thedestar)
    4 Tina (tirunyon)
    5 Linda B. (rockyj44)
    6 Shannon (shannonaufman)
    7 Reese (mamareese)
    8 Meredith (MereMe)
    9 Sarah (SarahEmily72)
    10 Jennifer (Jycooper)

WELCOME Reese!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Reese this might help in a nutshell :smile:

This is it!!! No more rules promise... I broke down the rules, points and tallies and made it as simple as I could.

~ONLY 3 days this 1st short week (Thurs- Sat.)

Weigh - in's
    Wednesday/Thursday you will need to post your beginning weight.
    Each Sunday or Monday morning you will need to post your ending. As a team we receive points for the % of weight you have lost.

Daily Challenges
    When you post your new weight on Sunday or Monday I need you to list if you did each daily challenge. If you missed a day or two please let me know. Remember if you miss a daily exercise challenge you can make it up for that week. So if you have a bad day double up the next. If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days Mon-Sat - the team will get 5 bonus points

Weekly Team Challenges
    In order to get the weekly 5 bonus everyone needs to do the set goal for the week all 6 days Mon-Sat .

~For example of what you will post on Sunday or Monday morning.

Current weight __________lbs.
    Dailies I did all 3 days this 1st week or how many.
    Weekly I was successful all this week or not.

Point System:

1 point for each pound lost per team member
    1 point for each team member that does their daily exercise (Daily!)
    1 point for each team member that does the weekly challenge

Bonus Points:

Daily Exercise - If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 day Mon-Sat - the team will get 5 bonus points.

Weekly Challenges - If every team member logs the weekly challenges as doing it for all 6 day Mon-Sat - the team will get 5 bonus points.

~~ PLEASE post your daily accomplishments as they keep our tribe's momentum and enthusiasm rolling.~~

LET HAVE FUN!
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    Testing