Have I Finally Hit Bottom?

tuxedo702
tuxedo702 Posts: 58
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. I just joined this site today and this is my first time posting. I've been overweight for about 8 years - since I stopped drinking. This has become my addiction now and, believe it or not, has more hold on me than alcohol ever did. Today I faked being sick so that I could stay home from work because all of my pants are so tight they hurt. I've even taken to holding the button and button hole at the top with a rubber band just to give me another inch (an old pregnancy trick). I hope so much that this is my "bottom" (no pun intended - but funny nonetheless!) and that I'll finally be able to get control of myself. I am miserable living like this!

Debbie

Replies

• Hi everyone. I just joined this site today and this is my first time posting. I've been overweight for about 8 years - since I stopped drinking. This has become my addiction now and, believe it or not, has more hold on me than alcohol ever did. Today I faked being sick so that I could stay home from work because all of my pants are so tight they hurt. I've even taken to holding the button and button hole at the top with a rubber band just to give me another inch (an old pregnancy trick). I hope so much that this is my "bottom" (no pun intended - but funny nonetheless!) and that I'll finally be able to get control of myself. I am miserable living like this!

Debbie
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Looks like you're ready to make another positive change in your life! :smile:

You've shown you can beat one addiction so now it's time to beat this one!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Welcome.
    I am glad that you are here. I had been using this site while i was deployed and lost 10lbs in 4 months.
    I stopped using it when i returned home. After realizing i was gaining a few pounds back, i decided to start coming back here.
    There are alot of people on the message boards to help keep you motivated.
    I also started a hand written food journal. It helps me to not snack all day because if i just want a bite of something i think of the aggravation its going to be to have to figure out how many calories i just ate and add it to the book. The food journal also helps me decide how much i can eat for meals, if i had low cal for breakfast i can have more calories for dinner, or vice versa. Then at the end of the day i input everything into the computer food journal. That way if I'm out somewhere I can write what i had in the manual journal and not 'forget' to put it in this one.
    Good luck on your weight loss, dont forget that everyone is here for the same reason.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Welcome to MFP! My doctor told me losing weight is harder than any other addiction. For example, if you quit drinking...you don't have to ever have it again....food is ALWAYS a part of your life. I wish you all the best with this!:flowerforyou:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Debbie,
    Nice to meet you, I also just joined today. It's so crazy to read about your "tricks". My latest trick is cutting a slit in the sides of my pants so they will fit. Hopefully I can get in shape and won't have to do that anymore....
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    You can change. You already made one positive life change now 2009 make another. Get up today and excersize even if its only 50 jumping jacks. Start moving more and get the junk food out. I would throw it away right now. We are a product of our surroundings when we have junk around we eat it.. When I want something unhealthy or my kids its too bad we have to settle for something healthy because thats all we have here. Want a candy bar too bad have to settle for a special k bar or an apple. You can do it and start doing it today!

ALISHA
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    i have done that with my pants as well before. i wish you the best on your journey!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I wore a size 14 when I durn well should have been in a 16! I was like a mushroom cloud over the top....so had to buy bigger tops to hide the mushroom....arghh.

That was end of it for me!!

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.