new and excited from Texas

Options
I'm really excited to use MFP and count off these pounds. I really like using the food diary and finding my foods already in the database, It makes it so easy. I'm not using it so much for the calories as I am mostly just trying to get used to tracking my food and exercise. Once I get that down then I'll be more aware of calories eaten and such.

Anyways. I'm a mom of two nearly grown teens. I am overweight already, and had lost nearly 20 pounds when my doctor puts me on medicine that almost instantly put me another 40 lbs over the top! I was miserable and just about gave up doing anything. But here I am... ready to give it a go....

Any one in Texas?

Replies

• LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard from another Texan.:happy:
  • MadamMunch
    MadamMunch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm new too. I've been steadily losing weight all year but have found as I am getting closer to my goal it is getting a bit more challenging. When a friend invited me to MFP, I thought why not?

I'm really enjoying how easy it is to use and that my iPhone and laptop sync up automatically whenever I update. Very clever :)
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fellow Texas girl here - sending you a friend request. I think you will find MFP awesome!

Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • ecbell
    ecbell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks y'all. I'm looking forward to losing all these pounds.
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Another Texas girl here- will send you a friend request. I have two teens also. Welcome!