MFP Runner's Club for December 23rd...

Options
Running outdoors or hitting the treadmill?

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Running outdoors or hitting the treadmill?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Treadmill for me today! Cold and icy again!

4 miles of intervals on the TM, then 600 yd swim.

Hoping to get an outdoor run either tomorrow or Christmas morning w/ my running buddies though! :wink:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Hitting the treadmill, as always. Haven't ventured outdoors for a run yet but that is what 2009 is for! :bigsmile:

5 miles for me today.
  • ginaoakes
    Options
    Merry Christmas Jessmomof3

I got in 3 miles on the treadmill. We have 15" of snow !! We will have a white Christmas :happy:

Just wanted to share with you that I ran my first 5K in Seattle a week ago. My daughter and I finished in 42 minutes! It has been a dream of mine to run a 5K for the year that I have been working on my weight loss. We had very cold (28 degrees) and snowy conditions for the run but nothing was going to stop me from participating. 12,000 people were registered to run and I have to say it was INSPIRATIONAL to run with that many people. . . we ran through a tunnel at one point and hundreds of people were singing jingle bells it gave me goose bumps ! My daughter was the one that asked me to do this run with her. I was so intimidated to try and she was so encouraging telling me that I could do it. She raised my arm as we crossed the finish line. Every time I try to tell the story to my family and friends it makes me cry. I could not have even attempted this a year ago !! What an AWSOME Christmas gift.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Gina... That is so awesome! Congrats to you! I only wish my mother could care enough about herself to undertake a journey like yours. I'm thinking of introducing her to this site when I go home tomorrow but also afraid to do so. She's very defensive about her weight, always has been.

As far as my running is concerned, I got in a good treadmill workout last night with intervals:

15 min 6.8mph
    10 min 3.8mph incline 8
    05 min 6.9mph
    05 min 3.8mph incline 8
    10 min 7.0mph
    05 min 3.8mph incline 8
    05 min 7.1mph

I hope to start running races again in the spring! I missed the 10-mile race I was training for this May because of a nerve problem in my foot and tendonitis in my ankles, but I'm hoping to get back into the 5-mile race circuit for 2009.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Elliptical trainer for me the past 3 days it has been -9 degrees and icy. I will try to run tomorrow it is suppose to be 30 degrees sounds warm too me:laugh: It is snowing again here and we are suppose to get another 2-4 inches today!! Hope everyone has shopping done, have a great Christmas Everyone!!!!

Alisha
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Neither!! Today was a gym day -- I did Legs and Abs. Will be running tomorrow.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I haven't done anything since last Tuesday. I ran last week but felt crappy. Woke on Wed with a full blown sore throat and head congestion and I have been fighting ever since. :angry:

Hopefully I will be able to get back to doing something soon!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My sister is visiting and she is a power walker so I walked with her 3 miles. Good workout!
    On a personal note, my son's surgery is scheduled for Monday the 29th.
    Bunny