Nutritionist for maintaining weight?

Options
I reached my goal weight a few weeks ago (yay!), but I'm having trouble with maintenance mode and have been going a few pounds above and a few pounds below my weight since I've hit it. My biggest problem is increasing my calorie intake and incorporating "regular" foods back into my diet. Don't get me wrong, throughout my diet I ate regular foods, but abstained (for the most part) from going out to eat, drinking, eating sweets, and pretty much stuck to a series of meals that worked for me for breakfast lunch and dinner. I really miss some of these things (especially eating and drinking socially), but now that I need to increase my intake, I just can't do it. When I start to higher calorie foods, or more food, I go off the edge and gain weight, but if I stick to my diet meals I continue to lose weight. I think this might be a good opportunity to see a nutritionist. Has anyone seen one for weight maintenance or weight loss?

Replies

• mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Ive not reached my goal weight as yet but it is something I am concerned about with the maintenance.

But I do think that I would still need to avoid a lot of the foods that I used to eat, just because eating them caused the weight gain in the first place.

Since I started my new journey, I still have 2 glasses of wine in an evening because I know if I tried to cut them out then I would fail. I just incorporate the wine into my daily calories As this is going to be a lifestyle then I don`t want to cut out things that I would miss. I used to eat a lot of baked potatoes and bread, but I don`t eat them now and I don`t miss them, so this is not a problem. I also go out every Sunday for lunch with my Dad to a restaurant. So on sundays I overeat by 400-500 cals.

My plan when I reach my target is to use my BMR & allow myself up to 500 cals a day extra. so at the moment I am allowed 1200 + exercise. My BMR is 1400 so to maintain I am hoping to allow myself 1900 cals a day.

Whether it works I will have to wait and see.

forgot to add....a big congrats on reaching your goal...well done x
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sorry no advise just to say this is me all over struggle to reach daily allowance during the week and go way over the top at weekend of whenever I'm tempted by sweet stuff etc. I now know that while lossing weight was hard this is just as hard. But amazing on reaching your goal and hang in there!!