trimming down

Options
Hey guys, I need some help. I need to cut down to maybe 125 pounds. I have a big butt, my bf says not to lose the butt but i cant take it especially when im trying to run, it feels like its pulling me down..lol and i get embarrassed when im on the treadmill and he's keeping me company. my stats on the hips is 40, its tough trying to lose weight on the hips, thighs and butt, but im determined to. When I start working out I tend to lose lots of weight especially on the chest, I already have small boobs yikes! What to do! Are there good exercises that just focus on the bottom part of the body and not the top, foods that boost metabolism that can help me burn the fat..lol

Started mfp:2 weeks ago
SW:139.8
CW:138.2
GW: 125

Replies

• girlypop
    girlypop Posts: 80
    Options
    It tends to be that spot reduction doesn't work and that you will just lose the fat slowly, everywhere. Anyway, I'm sure if you stick with it you will notice the results. Keep going!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately.... on most women, legs, butt, and hips are the last to go, and you can't pick where it comes from. So if you're looking to lose a good bit from them, you'll have to accept the fat loss in other areas too.
    You can do glute bridges, deadlifts, squats, hip adductors/abductors, lunges, etc, and they might firm up, but odds are you'll have eggs for boobs before you like them ;)
  • snyakowa
    snyakowa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yea, my boyfriend has told me about the lunges and squats and i'm trying to pick on that, so hopefully i'll see change soon, I'm excited about this program, it makes you disciplined on how to watch what you're eating because at the end of the day you have to put in writing or typing what you ate and did for the day. Thanks guys!