I'm down here on the bottom with you

LynnW52
LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all, I just joined today. So I hit my bottom a few weeks ago when I realized that I didn't really look at myself in the mirror. Don't get me wrong I put on my make up in the morning and do my hair and do a little one over of my outfit, but I've been doing it all without really LOOKING at myself. I got married last august to a wonderful man, and when I got married I was the smallest I've ever been. Now just a little over a year later, I'm almost back to being the biggest I've ever been. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I remember my parents fighting when I was little, my Dad would yell at my mom not to buy chips or pop, she insisted that if they "made a big deal" out of my weight that it would be worse for me. I'm not sure which one of them was right. I'm to the point where I'm almost embarassed for my husband to have to go into public with me. He's a good looking man, he deserves a good looking lady. And now it's Christmas and you know how you always see people that you haven't seen in a long time and in your head you think, wow she looks great! or holy crap she's put on a few! Yea that's me, the holy crap. I don't want to be that person anymore, I want to be the wow. Why is it so hard for me to lose weight? I know what I have to do, eat right and excercise right? My husband bought me an elliptical machine that I use maybe 2 times every two weeks, you know when I get that boost of energy and think "this time I'm really gonna do it!" and then two days later when I'd rather sleep an extra 1/2 hour than get up and work out. So anyways now that I've vented a little of my frustrations, my name is Lynn and I'm excited to meet you all.

Replies

• LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Hello all, I just joined today. So I hit my bottom a few weeks ago when I realized that I didn't really look at myself in the mirror. Don't get me wrong I put on my make up in the morning and do my hair and do a little one over of my outfit, but I've been doing it all without really LOOKING at myself. I got married last august to a wonderful man, and when I got married I was the smallest I've ever been. Now just a little over a year later, I'm almost back to being the biggest I've ever been. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I remember my parents fighting when I was little, my Dad would yell at my mom not to buy chips or pop, she insisted that if they "made a big deal" out of my weight that it would be worse for me. I'm not sure which one of them was right. I'm to the point where I'm almost embarassed for my husband to have to go into public with me. He's a good looking man, he deserves a good looking lady. And now it's Christmas and you know how you always see people that you haven't seen in a long time and in your head you think, wow she looks great! or holy crap she's put on a few! Yea that's me, the holy crap. I don't want to be that person anymore, I want to be the wow. Why is it so hard for me to lose weight? I know what I have to do, eat right and excercise right? My husband bought me an elliptical machine that I use maybe 2 times every two weeks, you know when I get that boost of energy and think "this time I'm really gonna do it!" and then two days later when I'd rather sleep an extra 1/2 hour than get up and work out. So anyways now that I've vented a little of my frustrations, my name is Lynn and I'm excited to meet you all.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Welcome Lynn! :flowerforyou:

My "oh crap" moment came at my 20th high school reunion. Went back as the fat one! :explode:

Lost it & have never felt better! You can do it too! :flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    My moment was when I was so tired of being tired. Those extra 35 pounds caused me to sleep for hours after work. I was teaching summer school and realized that it was ending soon and I had a month off. What to do with all this spare time? Get rid of the spare weight! I needed to have something to show for my time. But now I'm in a plateau. I think I need to up my water...I never drink the recommended amount.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    My "oh crap" moment was when my husband & I officially decided we were done having children. No more babies = no more excuses for some extra padding!

I'm glad you found the site! It has great tools & the people on the boards are fantastic! Welcome & good luck to you!
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Welcome! This is the place to be. We are here for you, and you can do it! :flowerforyou:

Bobbie
  • I have always been back and forth on my wieght. At one point my motto was even "Be fat and happy!" But then I was getting to the point where I wasn't so happy anymore. And then I found out that my mom was pre-diabetic. At that point, I decided that I had enough, and it was time to make a change for life. So within the past year, I have lost 23 pounds.

Anyone can lose weight. All it takes is the drive to want it, and the power to do it. And trust me, you are stronger than you think. Plus you have a great support system here. :)
    Good luck!

108855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Keep your head up and keep on trying!! You can do this! Everyone on here is so supportive and informative! I have done better since I have joined even though it shows I haven't lost anything yet. At least I am trying! If you have any questions, there are great people on here with all kinds of great answers!!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Hi Lynn - I'm another Lynn from Michigan... You came to the right place. I finally had an'oh, crap' moment too which brought me here where I found we're all in this together.

I wish you much success!! :flowerforyou:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Enough of this crap when the doctor told me I had to had to have a hip replacement. I looked on line and checked out of few things and for my age they recommended hip resurfacing which give you more mobility. Well you had to be at a certain weight to have this done so I lost 40 lbs went back to the doctors and had my hip resurfaced in Sept. I have lost almost another 10 lbs since then and will continue on my goal...You can do it..besides Im sure your husband will love you anyway..The key is to love yourself..good luck.JoAnn
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    My oh crap momment came when my father told me that he had to have gastric bypass because his doctor told him that he is in imanite danger of sudden death. I can't let my health fade for the sake of my children and wife.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    My OH CRAP moment was when I was on 2 heavy medications for my 297 cholesterol and I told the doctor I was getting sick when I ate pizza....he looked at me like "Holy CRAP why are you eating PIZZA!"

It is 1 pound at a time.Patience will get you to the end.

I have an Ellip too and it is getting a LOT more attn lately!

Do you shower everyday? Eat every day? Talk to a girlfriend on the phone everyday?

I realized I was either going to spend the next 30 minutes watching TV, speaking to friend on the phone, or like me lying in bed complaining everything hurts. Or you can exercise and it will be DONE!

Next think you know, you will be posting that you lost that 1st pound!!

Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    My first oh crap moment was back in 1989-- my second-- was in 1993-- et cetera et cetera--

Final one was June '08--

Conquering this once and for all--

(now back to work-- breaktime over-- )
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Hi Lynn! Great to have you here.

I'm a success story and you will be too. Just stick to MFP and you'll get there.

Welcome and good luck.:happy:
This discussion has been closed.