"weirdest" thing I ever ate was:

Options
Or what other people might consider weird is Fried frog legs, & fried squid.

What about you?

I want to try a "Gator Burger"

**this is what my mom grew up on in new orleans**
Pickled sausage(which is good, just don't eat it all the time)
Kool-Aid Pickles

Replies

• Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Well some of the things I eat people look at me weird. The one where the person behind the counter asked me like 5 times was I asked for a plain bagel with cream cheese and bacon lol
  • dorioreo
    dorioreo Posts: 123
    Options
    That actually sounds pretty good!! I have to try
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was too scared to ask what some of the stuff was we were eating when out in the sticks in Hong Kong! I know for a fact that one of them was a wild bore that the father-in-law's dog caught that morning!
  • dorioreo
    dorioreo Posts: 123
    Options
    Another thing: My mom is from New Orleans & they eat a lot of sea food, people in NC look at me weird because I eat crawfish, mm mm Good!
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options

What about you?

My boyfriend ate Gator Jerky last time we went to Florida! Gross haha!

I don't really think I have ever eaten anything totally out of the ordinary...
  • moprincess76
    Options
    I live where beans and cornbread are a staple in a house hold... i wont eat them.. but ill eat calamari........ oh yes.. calamari......i get the ' you are disgusting , thats fish bait" speech or look ... HA HA
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    Crab legs!! Now I know that's not weird to most people. But I don't like seafood.. A friend convinced me to try it and said he would buy my dinner if i tried it..
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    wow... i was born in the back woods... when i was little my whole family would go camping at a lake up in some coal mine roads... we'd eat frog legs over the camp fire. my dad would shoot them, my mom would dive in the lake to get them, me and brother would hold the legs and body, and my sister would cut'em and cook'em... ((like 15 pounds frogs here- the huge bull frogs!))
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options

What about you?

Gator Burgers aren't that great. If you're ever in the Eugene, OR area, the Horsehead bar has them. Kinda weird really.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Chitterlings LOL never aaagainnn!
  • Kirabelly
    Options
    I tried goat at an Indian wedding. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. gag.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    I will try anything once. Some of the more exotic things I have eaten are sweetbreads and pickled jellyfish.

Crawfish aren't strange. They are delicious! I catch them and cook them about once a year.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I tried some sort of octopus at a chinese place once. I didn't like it. I would have to say one of the grossest things I ate (& enjoyed) was when I was pregnant- Cold Coco Wheats & Vienna Sausages....eww
  • khoolette
    Options
    I tried black bear meat made like italian beef. It tasted pretty much like a regular roast.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Living in the south, fried frog legs are something we eat quite often, or least when we can get them. Tastes like chicken! Really! :)

I don't think I have ever eaten anything too weird.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    We had goat at my daughter's Christening in Mexico. I thought it was really good. Could be a difference in how it is prepared. I don't like any Indian food I've had, so I doubt I would like goat fixed that way either.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    This isn't me, but my daughter eats A1 with everything...even fish and corndogs.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    my state fair offers fried mako shark and gator, fried butter (shudder), oreos encased in cookies and fried, fried candy bars, twice fried doughnuts.....and you wonder why the US is so fat?!?!
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Hog's head cheese. Worst experience of my childhood.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    My friend and I used to go to a local diner and I would order a toasted bagel, cream cheese, and a side of ketchup.
    Spread the cream cheese on the bagel, add a TON of pepper into the ketchup and dip the bagel in it :) mmmmm