5 months and 59lbs Pics!

Options
13»

Replies

• TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! I haven't ran a 5k officially yet, but I did my first unofficial one this morning (C25K program). I look forward to getting where you are!
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tell me about your routine, what was your inspiration? What did you do differently when it was raining or during the winter, when the sidewalks are covered with snow or even ice...

haha...I'm about to find out the answer to that 2nd question. Since I didn't really start until April and that was on the treadmill I don't know yet about winter. But I live in MN and it will be winter soon enough!

I wish I could say my inspiration was something profound, but actually it was my feet hurt ALL THE TIME! And I am standing or walking a lot for my job and I work a 12 hour shift. But even on my days off it just hurt to stand. Pain is a strong motivator to change!

My routine started out just on the treadmill. Thought I was dying when I went 1/4 mile at 4.5mph. Then I did a bit more and a bit more and a bit faster and faster, added incline. Then took it outside. I'm also trying to lift weights 2-3 times per week and meet with a personal trainer 1x per week. It's hard to get to the gym on my work days because I have long work days but then I have 3-4 days off in a row so that is when I get to the gym. I have a treadmill at home. I'd like to get to doing weights 4x per week, hopefully when the weather turns and I'm not doing stuff outside in the yard.

I learned the hard way about injuries. I kept going on a sprained ankle that put me out of commission for about 10 days. Then overworked my calves lifting and that was another week off. So when I started to feel a slight twinge in my left knee one day running I just stopped. Took a couple days off from running and it hasn't come back. So my advice is if it hurts don't push it. There is always tomorrow. I think you can tell the difference between just normal 'aches and pains' from exercising and 'something is not right I should stop'. Just need to listen to your body so hopefully I have learned my lesson.

I am doing a 10k on Oct 1st so that is my next challenge. That and trying to lose the last 10-15 lbs to get to my fat loss goal!

And those things on my belt are water bottles for running.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words! It has truly been a 'lifestyle change' and MFP has been a big part of it! :smile:
  • megzie18
    Options
    Woow welldone you look so diffrent! keep up the good work :)
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    amazing job!!!
  • athomas0611
    athomas0611 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great Job. You look great!
  • tamsrule
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!