Clothes for big breasts?

Options
Ladies- I am going to be going clothes shopping soon, and need stores/sites that have tops for big boobs. I am in the DD's right now....any suggestions?

EDIT: Age appropriate please, I am going to be 20 in a couple weeks....:)

Replies

• Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nope... Sorry! My boobs never fit in anything. I was a H cup before my breast reduction and now I'm a DD. Just try EVERYTHING on... and V necks always make me look smaller. Higher neck lines make me look like a whale.

Good Luck!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Like what kind of clothes? You can get em anywhere, I'm a D myself and find them most anywhere. I love Victorias Secret clothing. Although it's not an option since they don't sell them in store if you're wanting to try them on. What about Banana Republic or Express? My other option when I'd rather not shop online.
  • tikilu
    tikilu Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    are you in the uk? if you are try bravissimo, they do a range of clothes designed specially for us larger boobed ladies!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Always fit the biggest part of you then get things tailored. Or belt it around your waist.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You don't say where you live but in the UK we have Bravissimo. Clothes sizes go on you waste measurement and then your bust measurement determines whether you are "curvy", "really curvy" or "supercurvy". I'm a 12 supercurvy. The clothes aren't cheap but they fit really well and they are really good quality.

http://www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/
  • kvitsh
    kvitsh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sherie 13:

I'm currently an H, and am considering breast reduction surgery once I get to my goal weight.

What's your experience been? I'm worried I'll lose sensation in my nipples.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many guys clicked on this to have a look see?
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Depends on your overall size.

I'm a 36DD and I fit into a 12/14 in almost all tops now. I love Maurice's and Kohl's for most things.
  • JoyfulSparkle
    Options
    I'm with you DDD or F, if available. I shop Lane Bryant and J.Jill. The outlets have pretty good prices, and there's always a sale or online coupon you can get.
    Beware of button tops, even if they button in the store, they never seem to stay together at work.
  • greenbeanmama
    greenbeanmama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    At a DD? You really shouldn't have that much of a problem...

At a G or H is when I started running into problems. I mostly just wear t-shirts, so I can't offer any help!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options

THIS. I've not really had a big problem in the past with this...sure i might have to buy some button-downs a size bigger to avoid the button gap, but otherwise, i pretty much wear whatever
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    Mmmm oh yes i remember the DD days :smile: i'd say stick to scoop or v necks, a little trick i learned if you wear a shirt and the buttons pull, sew the front seams together. saves the fidgetting and worrying that they may pop open at the wrong moment.

I'm looking forward to getting back down to D cups

Good luck and enjoy your shopping trip :flowerforyou:
  • Sherie13
    Options
    Sherie 13:

I'm currently an H, and am considering breast reduction surgery once I get to my goal weight.

I sent you a message! If anyone else wants to know about breast reductions send me a message!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Sherie 13:

I sent you a message! If anyone else wants to know about breast reductions send me a message!

I had surgery back in '02 to go from DD to C... I'm back to a DD :( Hoping with weight loss I'll get back down, but we'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

V necks, definitely!
  • Sherie13
    Options
    Sherie 13:

I had surgery back in '02 to go from DD to C... I'm back to a DD :( Hoping with weight loss I'll get back down, but we'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

V necks, definitely!

Good luck! I went from a size 26 to about an 18 and they didn't get smaller, which is why I had the surgery in the first place.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Sherie 13:

V necks, definitely!

Good luck! I went from a size 26 to about an 18 and they didn't get smaller, which is why I had the surgery in the first place.

yeah, I had that issue prior to the surgery, which is why it was fully covered by my insurance... well, I was 18, so my parents' insurance :P
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I love Express! I'm a DDD, and their large (and even some medium!) tops fit very well.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options

At a G or H is when I started running into problems. I mostly just wear t-shirts, so I can't offer any help!

Yeah, I DO run into problems. Shirts either don't fit because they aren't long enough, aren't big enough, fit in the boob area but are too loose in the stomach....so thank you for telling me I don't have a problem.
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options

Yeah, I DO run into problems. Shirts either don't fit because they aren't long enough, aren't big enough, fit in the boob area but are too loose in the stomach....so thank you for telling me I don't have a problem.

You have the same issue that I have. I usually buy tops that fit my boobs and then take them in to a tailor.
    Sometimes I buy A-line tops, but they look like maternity clothes or something. I have the worst problems finding clothes :(
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Same issues here! Im a big fan of cotton and knit because they can always stretch for room. well.... usually. As far as fitted fabrics or buttons - I generally have to go up a size. You can have them altered or accessorize with a belt, etc... to hide the extra.