Ladies- I have a question!

Options
Just wondering since losing weight, has the flow slowed down?

Recently, I've noticed that it's been on the lighter side since I've shed a good amount of weight. Wondering if that's pretty normal? I'm also on birth control (have been on the same one for 2 years now) to help regulate and of course to not get prego. I have enough kids driving me insane. Lol!

Thanks ladies!

Replies

• 130bythirty
    Options
    I haven't lost yet but I can tell you that it's been worse since I gained.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    They've become further apart. I now have a period every 6 weeks instead of every 4. (yes I have been to a doctor, no they haven't had any positive test results so they're discharging me :P)

ETA: very vague pun unintended.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Mine has. I have FINALLY become more regular. It has heavy times but for the most part I am in the 'normal' category now
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    Hey...I was told by my doc..not to worry about it...it can be caused by weightloss and exercising. Good huh. lol
  • Jaded_GRL
    Options
    A few yrs back I lost 50 pounds (read my profiles for the story of loss & gain)... back then my flow was the same but the period didnt last as long. plus when I am exercising the cramps and all that bad PMS stuff is not as bad.
  • Devotedtomt
    Options
    I too have had a shorter/lighter period since losing weight. Everything seems to be fine so I'm not worried. :)
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hormones are made from lipids (fats & cholesterol)
    Lower percentage bodyfat = lower resources for hormones
    Lower hormone levels = lighter/less frequent periods
    Also with increased exercise you're undergoing a hormonal change.
    In my experience, the lighter my weight, the lighter my periods.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Ironically no. Mine has gotten worse. Ick.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Mine has gotten lighter, shorter and generally less crampy since I've lost weight. I am not on any kind of birth control (had a tubal in 1998), so it isn't being regulated by medication. I'm not complaining about it - at all. I've also found my PMS is better now that I have lost weight.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mine has been the same
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    F@$k! I did it again, I will never learn. I just threw up - again!
  • jameslucy
    jameslucy Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    MIne also has become lighter with almost no cramps however I noticed that my cycle is becoming shorter as every month it seems to be coming earlier. Has that happened to anyone else.
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    It's been awhile since I just had a baby and am exclusively nursing, but when I lost a significant amount of weight in 2007 I noticed it lighter, more regular, and less painful.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

LMAO! My husband tells me all the time "You females are disgusting..".
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    the only difference ive noticed is a reduced amount of cramps and bloating, so its all good for even more reasons!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm not too heavy since on birth control, but what I have noticed since cutting out refined sugar and white carbs that I don't get all that annoying pre- stuff. I don't feel like I want the whole world to piss off, I don't ache all over and I don't have sugar cravings I just get a little hungrier which can be satisfied with a healthy snack. I so got caught out this month with not having any warning signs whatsoever :blushing: The pain hasn't got any better though :grumble: Maybe that will be next month's nice surprise :happy:
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options

lol - The subject started with 'Ladies' what did u expect ??
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 lbs so far and this last TOM was weird for me. I'm used to feeling like a murder victim. Not once did I feel that way this time! It kinda freaked me out at first, but I'm not in a relationship/having sex, so no need to worry about another "oops". I still cramped pretty righteously for a day and a half, but that was the worst of it.
  • MelisBee
    MelisBee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking this today. Mine has definitely gotten lighter and I can't say I'm complaining!
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    MIne isnt lasting as long since I've started exercising ~ the pms and cramps and feeling god awful for at least 1 day hasnt changed tho. Neither has my flow :/ just fewer days. I hope the pms lightens up at some point an heaven help us all if it gets worse ~ I'll be in jail LOL I have some nasty mood swings :/