fitness magazines

Options
Just curious if any one subscribes to fitness magazines and which ones? Do you find them helpfull or do you think they are full of a lot of hype

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    never picked one up in my life
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    Personally I think they are a waste of money. Everything that's in there can be found online ;)
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    On Fitness, it comes out every two months. Its very accurate and good. used by trainers world wide, and written by trainers. Very few ads. Check out their web page.

www.onfitness.com
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I like Robert Kennedy's Oxygen. I know I can find the stuff on-line, but I actually like holding things in my hands while I read. Nice articles on eating clean, workouts, figure comps, etc. I've been pretty much reading it since it hit the newsstand years ago...
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I really really like Shape and Health. While I know things can be bought online, sometimes they have diet plans, random recipes, and new exercise ideas from celebrities that I find nice to change things up.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I love Oxygen Magazine, great workouts and recipes!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have escriptions on my nook color and I used to pick them up every once in the while in the store. They are what inspire me. Reading thru one can actually make me get off my but and work out and eat more healthy. But then I am a "reader" I love to read.
    My fav for a long time is Shape and i have their free fitness apps on my android phone. Some of it does seem a little hype though
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I love my fitness/health magazines. Great for inspiration and motivation. Lots of useful tips and recipes etc. its nice to have something good to read, that is easy to carry on the train or bus etc. Or when you need a break and can curl up with a cup of green tea on your sofa or in the garden. No favourites, I buy what grabs my attention. My girlfriend enjoys her gossip magazines, each to their own. Relax, enjoy and learn.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I like fitness and health magazines just because they provide an extra bit of inspiration and motivation! I usually read Self, Shape, and Fitness.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't read the magazines, but I did buy the "Women's Health Big Book of Exercises." It's full of fun facts and excellent workouts.

I don't know that I would find a magazine about exercising to be entertaining though. I got enough out of the book to keep me busy for a few years. I'm not advanced enough that a monthly publication with new information would be useful to me.