Body Shape

Options
What's your body shape?

Are there any apple shaped ladies here?
I feel really disproportionate!
I have little to no hips but my upper body is full.
For example, I was buying pajamas and I needed an XS bottom but a Large top. :,( super sad day.

Does anyone else have these kind of issues...
I know pear shaped girls have this problem, but in reverse. lol.

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm the SAME way. Top is always larger than the bottom. :/ Although I have evened out since having kids a little bit, but still unlike most women...especially since most apple shaped women are larger and generally not fit or in shape.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I've got an hour glass shape... I am equally large, everywhere...lmao.
  • rsparks38
    Options
    I am a pear, size Medium shirts, 14 pants (or 12 curvy fit as of yesterday!)
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am all belly, boobs and arms. My legs are super skinny and I am amazed they support the weight of the top. I feel your pain. But you should get more evened out as you lose weight. At least, that is what I hope will happen to me.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Pear. No chest, big butt and thighs. I used to hate it, but I'm starting to appreciate that we're all different. Frankly, I've always been envious of the well-endowed women out there. It makes the waist look thinner.
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    Pear. No chest, big butt and thighs. I used to hate it, but I'm starting to appreciate that we're all different. Frankly, I've always been envious of the well-endowed women out there. It makes the waist look thinner.

Can we trade? I have chicken legs with big boobies and wide shoudlers :(
    But you're right. I gotta start learning to like myself a little better and embrace that everyone is made differently.
    ....but shopping just sucks and isn't something I look forward to :(
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options

Same! Because of this, I look slender-ish on top, (except for my face), but disproportionally larger on the bottom. And it irks me.
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    an hour glass shape ,but buying medium sizes for your upper and lower body doesnt feel great either! :(
    I just wish to lose more weight/fat!! and be a small size... i also buy large sometimes bcuz of my breasts size. See it's not that bad. Sizes don't matter if your body looks good

A tleast your not fat in the thighs or arms because breasts are a womanly thing that millions of ppl do surgeries to have.
    Embrace what you have and be thankful also i personally wouldnt mind seeing another girl with large breastes but thin in other areas i would just see her as lucky.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Murphk you are HOT!!! I am more of an off-kiltered hour glass. I'm mostly the same, but my butt is a little bigger than my chest. I wish I had way bigger boobage.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am classic pear. Fatty thighs, big hips and *kitten* (which I don't mind, but I hate the thighs. Thin, flat mid-section. No boobs. Mid-sized shoulders. Size 10 pants, small shirt (have a size 4 suit jacket!).
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Well...I guess I would be an apple. Although not a big apple... I used to think that apples were simply really overweight people. I used to consider myself a pear...

But my chest and my hips both measure size 8 according to nearly all size charts I have ever seen. But my waist? Size 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My bust measures 35.5, my hips measure 39, but my fatty ugly middle measures 31.5 inches.

When I buy clothes, I have to buy pants that are low rise, hip huggers, etc. or else I would have to buy a large size that makes my thighs, hips, and ankles look enormous when they are really not. It's just my waist and belly that are huge.

It's easier for me to buy a bikini than a one piece bathing suit. It's so frustrating! That's why I am trying to reduce my body fat %, and how I know that I will most likely be a tiny size when I get there because I have sooo much fat in the middle to lose.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Rectangle
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i used to think i was a pear shape really, but since toning up and losing weight, turns out im an hourglass :happy:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped, definitely. I carry most of my waist in my *kitten*, hips, and thighs. If the rest of my tummy was as small as the smallest part of my waist, I'd only wear a XL shirt. But because of the weight in my hips, I wear a 2XL at the moment. I like my pear shape though, it will look nice when I'm thin, I think :) I like having big hips and an *kitten*, just not THIS big :laugh:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

Can we trade? I have chicken legs with big boobies and wide shoudlers :(
    But you're right. I gotta start learning to like myself a little better and embrace that everyone is made differently.
    ....but shopping just sucks and isn't something I look forward to :(

Uh, Murph, I don't know about her but WE can trade. I'd love to look like you any day of the week.
  • mjdaniels1
    Options
    I am also from SA. Is it something in the water? I am 40 and still top heavy , my whole life. 1st.. Take care of those babies when you workout ( I always wear 2 bras). You can thank me later. Experience...Oh, always having to shop for different tops and bottoms. Shirts do not fit. Yeah, I understand. Going to Port A looking beach wear...Always fun. We now live overseas and finding my size is like finding gold. Even my husband knows to check the bra section. If he sees my size he buys.
  • JeannieFo
    JeannieFo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a weird body shape. I guess it's an hourglass because my hips and chest are in proportion and I have a small waist. However, I have very thick limbs. My arms and legs are like tree stumps.
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    I am also from SA. Is it something in the water? I am 40 and still top heavy , my whole life. 1st.. Take care of those babies when you workout ( I always wear 2 bras). You can thank me later. Experience...

nice, a fellow san antonian :)
    haha and thanks for the tip, they are well protected during workouts.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    A dresser body...my chest is falling into my drawers. :embarassed:

Thankfully a beer shelf is in the way. :tongue:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm hourglass.