STOMACH ACHES WHILE WORKING OUT??

Options
so it's almost like clockwork... everyday when I work out I always get a stomach ache ... and I don't eat before hand, or drink tons of water before my cardio... it's like the really yucky feeling you get when you take a laxative, but no gas or anything else.. I don't get it..does anyone else experience this????

Replies

• SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Have you attempted to eat something pre-workout? I get sick to the point of dry heaving if I don't eat something an hour before. If I don't have the opportunity to eat, I grab a protein drink (depending on what I have in my house, slim fast will work just as well). I just have to have something to sustain me.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    do you workout super hard?
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    What do you do for a workout? If it's high-impact aerobics or running, the jarring effect may disrupt your organs. Especially if you haven't eaten.

I think it'd be worth a try to eat (at least a bit of protein) an hour or so before your workout and drinking 2 cups of water between eating and working out. Your body may be begging for more sustenance.

Also, when do you workout? In the mornings people tend to have a waste buildup in their intestines. Eating food beforehand is a way of telling your body, "Okay, I'm up, and I'm eating. Let's dump this extra waste because we don't need it any more." So the gassy feeling will go away.
    It may also be pre-menstruation.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    What do you do for a workout? If it's high-impact aerobics or running, the jarring effect may disrupt your organs. Especially if you haven't eaten.

I think it'd be worth a try to eat (at least a bit of protein) an hour or so before your workout and drinking 2 cups of water between eating and working out. Your body may be begging for more sustenance.

Also, when do you workout? In the mornings people tend to have a waste buildup in their intestines. Eating food beforehand is a way of telling your body, "Okay, I'm up, and I'm eating. Let's dump this extra waste because we don't need it any more." So the gassy feeling will go away.
    It may also be pre-menstruation.

I do work out harder than I have in the past... and I workout usually in the afternoon/early evening. I go about 2 or 3 hours after lunch and eat about an hour afterwards.. if I eat before.. even a small bit i get nausea
  • idwoof
    idwoof Posts: 76
    Options
    You need to eat immediately after workouts. And you need to find something that doesn't upset your stomach to eat before.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I just recently started eating before I workout every day. I don't really like the feeling in my stomach but it is way better than the tension headache I would get from doing 2 or more hours on an empty stomach. Even a pre-workout protein/health shake helps me immensely.