Question for those w/ tattoos......

Options
NuttyBrewnette
NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
tattoo virgin question:

I'm trying to decide location(s) for reaching my goal weight reward tattoo.....

Since it's getting closer, I am thinking about it more seriously.

....where are yours and what hurt the most/least?

What else should I consider?

Any thoughts/tips from folks with experience appreciated....

Replies

• JeannieFo
    JeannieFo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a tramp stamp on my lower back. It really didn't hurt at all. I could have fallen asleep while having the tattoo done.
  • chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I got my first tat when my ex & i divorced...i got two chineese symbols on the back of my neck, just between the shoulder blades...didnt hurt at all.
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    the inside of my arm hurt like HELL. all my others were tolerable. (thigh, shoulder, back of the neck, wrists)
  • Bob_Sugar
    Options
    Any place on the bone (shoulder collarb ones) and any place that sunlight does not usually touch hurts eg. the underside of your bicept.

Not that I let any of that stop my I still had work done on all of those spots.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have 7. I think everyone feels the pain differently.
    That which didnt hurt : behind my ear, my left shoulder, my forearm, the back of my left calf
    That which DID hurt: the outside of my right calf, my lower back(tramp stamp), my foot.
    I got my foot tattoo as a mini goal reward... It hurt a bit but I like to think it reminded me of the pain and effort I went through to get this far.

Do you have any tattoo ideas/locations that you are thinking? I dont think I would want to get a massive piece as a first tatoo - but that is just me.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I have one of my forearm and parts of it hurt but nothing terrible
    the other is on my left shoulder and again parts but nothing terrible.

Get it where you want it and don't worry about the pain.

My friend got her first tattoo across her ribs and it wasn't a small one either.

My sister got hers on her shoulder blade and she said it didn't hurt.

The pain is honestly irrelevant 'cause unless you have an incredibly low tolerance for pain it's nothing that you can't sit through.
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    I have one on my lower back (tramp stamp). It didn't hurt as much as I thought. Just felt like getting pricked by lots of needles. This is coming from someone who still doesn't trust a doctor giving me shots but yet got a tattoo. But I have heard that the foot hurts the most.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I have the same question my daughter and I are going to get the Olympic rings I thought on the ankle but I heard it hurt and I'm not in self abuse so where its not going to hurt or sag
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I have one on the top of my hand and then three around my ankle. The ones on the ankle bone probably hurt the most. But the pain is bearable and only temporary.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Mine is on my right shoulder. Be still. Make sure you follow the after care.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    tattoo virgin question:

I'm trying to decide location(s) for reaching my goal weight reward tattoo.....

Since it's getting closer, I am thinking about it more seriously.

....where are yours and what hurt the most/least?

What else should I consider?

Any thoughts/tips from folks with experience appreciated....

I have one on my calf, which didn't hurt at all. I barely felt it. I also have one on my shoulder blade, which hurt a bit more, but not too bad. I suggest going with a more fatty or muscular area rather than a bony area.
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    foot hurts like hell. and inside of your arm, like the crease of your arm, hurts like super bad . ...i have a ton of tattoos. most are tolerable. those two spots are the only ouch spots ive came across so far.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I have a tramp stamp on my lower back. It really didn't hurt at all. I could have fallen asleep while having the tattoo done.
    what is a tramp stamp
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have one on my ribcage and there were moments where the pain was really really bad and others where it was nothing. The closer he got to the front side of my ribcage the more painful it was, but overall nothing intolerable.
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    Mine's on the front of my right hip. Didn't hurt AT ALL. I was able to carry on a conversation through the whole thing and didn't once grit my teeth or cry out in pain. I am terrified of needles (don't ask how or why I decided to get a tattoo when I have that kind of fear, I have no clue!) but the tattoo was seriously no big deal. And I LOVE having it! I would suggest getting a small one to start with and perhaps getting it in a place where you can show it off if you want to and hide it if you want to. (Some employers get weird about tattoos.) Make sure you go to a place that's certified and get recommendations from friends if you can. Always ask to see photos of your tattoo artist's work beforehand and bring a picture or sketch of what you want your tattoo to look like. Let us know what you decide, how it goes, and be sure to post pictures!
  • ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have seven the only one that really hurt was the one on the top of my foot. If it's your first, I don't recommend the top of the foot.:sad:
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Do you have any tattoo ideas/locations that you are thinking? I dont think I would want to get a massive piece as a first tatoo - but that is just me.

I am thinking tramp stamp and wrist. I am also considering a finger tat. I want the phrase "never again" as one of them. and that's what would go on my wrist-so I can see it.....the tramp stamp-well, I won't get to see that much, now will I? lol
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    on my wrists the only part that even hurt a littlw was when he went over the veins. then i have one on my left shoulder, lots of shading and goes all the way to my elbow, didn't hurt at all.

while they heal, to do itch! the healing is worse then actually getting one to me. but when it starts to itch, i cover it with more lotion and that helps a little.
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few and have had some put over top of old ones (that really hurts). My wrist was probably the most painful. I had most of back done and it took over 6 hours. That's hurts after that length of time. I'm hoping to get one on my foot to represent my first marathon this October, after I'm done wearing running shoes 5 days a week. I've heard that hurts a lot! The more sensitive the area to you is where it will hurt the most.