If you wake up late...

Options
If you wake up at 11 am and dont eat breakfast, do you still have to eat all your calories? I have like 900 calories left not counting my smoothie after my workout. So what do i do? I'm not hungry and i've been on target for the past week or so. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Why don't you drink some OJ or milk, I have a mix of cranberry, kashew and almonds I eat when I have kcals to eat.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I would say Yes! If you don't, MFP will tell you that your body is going into starvation mode and that'll freak you out.
    Honestly though, if you got up late, couldn't you stay up later and eat a bit more?
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    I have the SAME problem! Glad it's not just me. I'm looking forward to seeing the responses to this post!
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much as your body will need deep sleep to recover and repair and we all sleep in late, if you have a rigid training programme or you really want to add lean muscle mass then missing a meal will be bad but you can soon add the lost meal with a protein shake before bed.

Bottom line, if your not hungry your ok.

Hope this helps

Scott
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yes, just because you wake up late doesn't mean you need less calories. Consider your meals from when you get up...first one is breakfast...and so on. I log everything in my diary that I eat before sleep on the same day, even if it's technically the next day by an hour or 2, so I log from wake up to sleep.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I do
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat them. Even while sleeping, you are still alive, and therefore need calories to function... hehehe. Just use it as a day to enjoy a treat! Have a beer or two!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You guys are the best :)