How Many Songs...

Options
BeLightYear
BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
Do you listen to, now or in the past, that you realize one day that you do not actually know most of the words too??:huh: :huh:

LOL is it just me?? I just heard "Don't Fear the Reaper" on a TV show and realized I have no idea what they are talking about!:tongue:

So, come on, it cannot just be me! I'm an 80's girl and I can tell you that a bunch of the songs from the 80's, well, I can hum it, but I can't sing it!

Tell me yours:glasses: :glasses: :smokin: :smokin:

Replies

• Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Never understood a thing that Pearl Jam ever said. Check out Misheard Lyrics on Youtube. Sooooo funny!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options

HAHAHAH. That's totally something I'd hear.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi....I love my music and I'm a mostly 80's rock kinda girl too. I do like some of the new stuff too but when working out, nothing gets me moving more than classic rock:) A few I like are Footloose (this one will get you moving), I need a hero by Bonnie Tyler, anything Heart, Rick Springfield, Kansas, CCR, Bob Segar, Joan Jett and the blackhearts, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor , Guns and Roses, Pat Benatar and the list could go on all day lol.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Hi....I love my music and I'm a mostly 80's rock kinda girl too. I do like some of the new stuff too but when working out, nothing gets me moving more than classic rock:) A few I like are Footloose (this one will get you moving), I need a hero by Bonnie Tyler, anything Heart, Rick Springfield, Kansas, CCR, Bob Segar, Joan Jett and the blackhearts, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor , Guns and Roses, Pat Benatar and the list could go on all day lol.

LOVE Footloose :heart: :love: :love: And Grease, of course:love:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah love me some Grease music!!!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Never understood a thing that Pearl Jam ever said. Check out Misheard Lyrics on Youtube. Sooooo funny!!!

exactly!
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I was kid I used to always think it was "Welcome to my hometown California" instead of the Hotel California. That's always the first I can think of. Oh, and that song, Blinded by The Light, I swear to god he is saying "wrapped up like a douche".

I love this video for misheard lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg5_mlQOsUQ so many of the things are exactly what it sounds like haha
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    last time i counted the amount of songs was 137.4
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im not a big pop fan but my kids are. I noticed Ill be sort of singing along mindlessly when we are in the car. Then, Ill catch what Im saying and realize its entirely inappropriate for kids. I should probably pay better attention. haha
  • 1petewest
    1petewest Posts: 281
    Options
    what about the Def Leppard songs of the 80's?! I remember just mumbling through the parts I didn't know and wailing loudly in the parts I did! hilarious!
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    what about the Def Leppard songs of the 80's?! I remember just mumbling through the parts I didn't know and wailing loudly in the parts I did! hilarious!

LOL!! I LOVE Def Leppard and remember thinking back in '84 - who the heck would "pour some sugar on me"??? Little did I know....
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Oh, and that song, Blinded by The Light, I swear to god he is saying "wrapped up like a douche".

WTH, aren't those the real words?? lol, ya me too!
  • BeLightYear
    Options

LOL!! I LOVE Def Leppard and remember thinking back in '84 - who the heck would "pour some sugar on me"??? Little did I know....

Okay, I am 39, with the heck are they talking about????????????? You know?? Tell me finally??
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options

Okay, I am 39, with the heck are they talking about????????????? You know?? Tell me finally??

I'd get kicked off this site if I explained it!! Let's just say it has to do with a woman's bodily fluids??
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Okay then, I will just stick with my original people dressed up as donuts illusion when I was a kid..........:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Which totally backs up my original message:wink:
  • 1petewest
    1petewest Posts: 281
    Options

I'd get kicked off this site if I explained it!! Let's just say it has to do with a woman's bodily fluids??

inbox me and tell me more! :))