Laser Lipo_ Is it any good?

Options
Just received a Groupon offer for Laser Lipo. Looks a bit unreal. I cannot see how they can break down the fat without using some kind of prod under the skin but this system seemds to work with paddles that you wear on the areas you want to zap and do that for 6-10 session of 30mins to reduce he fat in "problem areas"

Can anybody tell me if they have experienced this and what they think of it?

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear what other people have to say, but I'm guessing it's a scam. If it were that easy, wouldn't we all do it?:smile:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    also interested in hearing.....:flowerforyou:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Let's assume that it really works. What's going to stop you from putting fat back on again? Only a lifestyle change. So why not change your lifestyle starting right now, and avoid having to do any procedures? In the long run, what's the difference.. 3 or 6 months time maybe?

The moment you decide (really decide) to change your life, you've already succeeded. The fat burning off is just a small matter of time, and a side effect of a superior lifestyle.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere (sorry, no source, maybe MSN?) that lipo only lasts for about 12 months, then in most cases it needs to be re-done. I always thought you were good to go after once, so I found this interesting. At least worth checking into before having it done.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    1. No, it does not work.
    2. I know people who tried it...one came out of the "treatment" with second-degree burns all over her thighs.
    3. Please don't do this to yourself.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! Think about it...they're offering it on Groupon, probably means they don't have a lot of business...you want to be a guinea pig?
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Not it is not a scam. Basically, if you are healthy and just have some lbs to drop you can do this procedure. The laser basically heats up the fat cells until it explodes, and the liquid (oil) inside the cell comes out. In most cases the body will just absorb this oil and it will be digested through your system like normal fats you consume. Because these fat cells are destroyed, the fat will not return, unlike when you drop weight through diet and exercise the fat cells aren't gone they just shrink. The other thing that happens when the laser heats up the treated areas is that it the skin will tighten because extra collagen will begin to be produced. Overall the treatment is expensive, but it does work, and it is really only meant for small areas. Hope this helps. :)
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Also, just because it is sold on Groupon doesn't mean that it is a bad place. Groupon has sales from companies like Avis, Las Vegas hotels, major pizza chains. But as always just be careful with whatever medical type treatment you do and check up with the BBB and online for reviews of this facility. If you go to it and it's in a storage unit facility ... then yes by all means run. :)
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    double post
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Also, just because it is sold on Groupon doesn't mean that it is a bad place. Groupon has sales from companies like Avis, Las Vegas hotels, major pizza chains. But as always just be careful with whatever medical type treatment you do and check up with the BBB and online for reviews of this facility. If you go to it and it's in a storage unit facility ... then yes by all means run. :)
    Don't know about the Lasolipo am curious to hear about it from someone who has done the procedure especially if it does skin tightening!

But Groupon and Living Social provide deals at great companies and to pass along savings - remember we are in a tough economy right now and everyone's sales are hurting! Here in my city, a very popular LOCAL mexican restuarant mini chain offered a deal. I bought one along with around 3,000 other locals. This chain is packed every night but they opened a few new location and were getting the word out by offering a great deal!!! Now that doesn't mean the lipo place is great BUT we shouldn't judge just because a company is offering a discount!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Now that doesn't mean the lipo place is great BUT we should[n't] judge just because a company is offering a discount!

No, we should judge because lipo is a quick fix.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Now that doesn't mean the lipo place is great BUT we should[n't] judge just because a company is offering a discount!

No, we should judge because lipo is a quick fix.

It's not a "Quick Fix" because if you don't do the right thing afterward you would go back to where you were to start with. I think we all have tough areas and if you are at your goal weight but still have a trouble spot, I don't see a problem with using lipo to take care of it. And if you are at my current size, no, you shouldn't be doing it because you ARE looking for a quick fix.... BUT none of this answers the OP question... Has anyone tried it and does it work?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    On NPR the other month I heard a study that everyone who gets Lipo puts the fat back on. It just does into your stomach area and is really dangerous to your health.

I should try to find the study someday.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Let's assume that it really works. What's going to stop you from putting fat back on again? Only a lifestyle change. So why not change your lifestyle starting right now, and avoid having to do any procedures? In the long run, what's the difference.. 3 or 6 months time maybe?

The moment you decide (really decide) to change your life, you've already succeeded. The fat burning off is just a small matter of time, and a side effect of a superior lifestyle.

Gosh, I am such a negative nelly, but this isn't always true. Once upon a time a was a competitive runner. I had around 13% body fat and was 5"6 and under 100 pounds. I exercised alot and ate very clean, and I still had fat pockets in my inner thighs. It is just where I carry fat. And should I get down to a reasonable weight and body fat percentage I might just have lipo there so I can quit having to wear shorts under dresses (something I had to do even at that tiny weight) in order to avoid rubbing my skin raw while walking during the day. I'll happily agree that it shouldn't be used as fat loss for weight loss, but there is nothing wrong with using it to change what wer flat can't change.
  • traklaw
    traklaw Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. I appreciate the feedback and have decided that it is not for me. I will keep with the fitness regime and see what I can do without laser lipo. I do intend do a bit more research on it as I think it may be of use to move small areas of fat. It is certainly not the solution to moving much weight. I agree that the only way to do that is a lifestyle change and a belief that the new lifestyle is worthwhile and brings more rewards and benefits than the old lifestyle.

As Groupon deals, I think that that many credible, decent companies use them to promote an offer and check out the value of groupon to their co. I do however see that there seems to be a bit of a prejudice against things offered on Groupon as if they cannot be any good if they have "stooped" to Groupon level to sell
  • xaramac
    Options
    Hey I had bought this group on in also thought it is fake till I had my first session it is not fake I have already seen results and she told me that dey have these offers to attract new clients, offers are just limited :) so dont hesitate ;)))
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    I help run a plastic surgery website and trust me that is a waste of money and time!
    Do try coolsculpting though :)
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I have a friend that does Laser Lipo, so naturally I tried it out.Yes, it does work very well and YES it is very costly! I lost a lot of inches from my tummy, hips and legs,but like anything you must eat properly and exercise to keep it off! I would recommend this once you reach your goal and might have a couple "trouble areas" that you can't seem to get rid of.
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    1. No, it does not work.
    2. I know people who tried it...one came out of the "treatment" with second-degree burns all over her thighs.
    3. Please don't do this to yourself.

This. I had a coworker who did it on her stomach and she got burned as well.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Hey I had bought this group on in also thought it is fake till I had my first session it is not fake I have already seen results and she told me that dey have these offers to attract new clients, offers are just limited :) so dont hesitate ;)))

strong first post... to both necromance and shill.

:drinker: