Quick breakfast ideas

Options
Does anyone have some quick breakfast ideas? I'm a college student so normally I'm grabbing something as I go out the door. I normally end up with something like a banana, apple, or a thing of yogurt. I'm looking for a change :)

Replies

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake with oats, 2 scoops of myprotein instant oats (same as porridge but blended up ultra fine), and 2 scoops of myprotein whey protein. about 400 cals, tastes good, healthy too
  • seftritt
    Options
    You could make hard boiled eggs the night before and then eat them on the go. To change up your current breakfast you could add some fresh fruit or granola to your yogurt.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and check out Shakeology. Yeah it's like $122 for a 30 day supply but it averages out to about $4 a meal and it's only 150 calories. I've been doing it for about a month now and love it. $4 is still probably cheaper than a salad these days and it's quick and easy to take as you run out the door and it keeps you full. You can mix in all kinds of things like banannas, peanut butter, etc and the website has recipes so you can change up every day if you want.
  • JessPL
    JessPL Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey Melissa,

Like you, I grab the safe stuff like fruit, yogurt and oatmeal, so I don't over do it. Since it you're on-the-go sound like you are off to a good start. The bread and bagel thins with low-cal spreads are a fun alternative. Recipe: a bread thin, light cheese and one thinly-sliced salami toasted in the toaster. Yummy ;0)
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I had my first ever Atkins Strawberry Banana smoothie (pre-packaged, can buy at grocery store or Wal-Mart) and it was AMAZING...just keep them in the fridge, it's a big serving so it'll fill you up on the go.
  • theEkwrocks
    Options
    I really like the Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage links. U can make them in the microwave for like 40-60's seconds and just take them with u or even put into a low cal wrap. I used to make them before my shift and eat them on the drive over, lol! Only 120 calories for 3 links and they're hot which is what I was missing.
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    1/2 cup of egg substitue place it in a mug microwave for 1 mintue, stir and microwave for 30 seconds. low cal (avg 60) and high protein ( avg 12)
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of egg substitue place it in a mug microwave for 1 mintue, stir and microwave for 30 seconds. low cal (avg 60) and high protein ( avg 12)

I do this but I also chop up a couple of slices of canadian bacon and a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Cheese and add that to the eggs. It's a variation on a Hungry Girl recipe and it's pretty tasty.
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Light english muffin toasted with butter spray.
    Microwave a turkey sausage patty, add a slice of cheese and eat in the car on the way :)
  • chchchangess
    Options
    granola bars! or 100 calorie bagels (I get Smart Bagels) with peanut butter, hummus, veggies, butter, whatever I'm feeling at the moment.