Hurricane Irene(Any updates)

Options
*I hope everyone is sage during this storm!!! Here in NC, there are some flooding in some area's, power is out, trees are down, power lines too. I've heard 3 or 4 have died here already :( , best of luck to everyone.

Does anyone else live in NC? what is going on your way!?

Also people in other states, is it bad there?

Go Away Irene!!! Crazy thing is next week it is suppose to be sunny!

Replies

• debclif
    debclif Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in northern Jersey and there is really nothing but rain. They drained my lake a bit to hopefully offset the flooding for our area.

My problem......all I want to do is EAT! Good thing I went shopping for healthy food.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i am from NC but I am toward the mtns. Just heard on the news 3 dead in NC and 2 in VA. Glad you are ok! We used to live in Goldsboro so we have had to clean up from a couple and deal with no power - it is NO fun so good luck and be safe!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm in NYC and it's been raining and windy all day, but it got CRAZYYYYYY during the last 20 or so minutes.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So far (outside of Philly) is just a steady rain...Not much wind so far.
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    Here in Western Massachusetts the governor has declared it a state of emergency and urged people to stay off the roads. The electric company and the town manager keep leaving messages on our answering machines telling us to be prepared, stay inside, etc. It's rained a bit and I can hear some wind but it's not really supposed to hit us until tonight into tomorrow (Saturday night into Sunday.) Stay safe everyone! And don't let the storm become an excuse to cheat (I've been struggling with this all day since I eat out of boredom...but I've kept myself in check so far...) :tongue:
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    LMAO, who needs TV/weather channel when you have MFP updates? In the time it took me to write the last sentence, it has started raining twice as hard and rain is coming in through the windows. I should get up and close them...
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    CT is dark and still. No animals out (except my dumb cat who I'm sure will be in once it starts up).

A little eerie if you ask me. Supposed to hit here over night.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Just outside Phila, PA .. lots of rain, wind gusts but nothing really treacherous to speak of. Our worst is supposed to come in the early morning hours..
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,043 Member
    Options
    I'm in Maryland. It's been raining steadily since early afternoon. Nice breeze right now. Inland, we are supposed to get over 2 inches of rain and winds gusting to 60mph during the over night hours, not looking forward to that.
  • dorioreo
    dorioreo Posts: 123
    Options
    Lol :smile: I know :tongue: I'd rather here from real people than, the news! but oh gosh, be safe!!! I hope it doesn't hit as hard!

I am watching the news now
  • dorioreo
    dorioreo Posts: 123
    Options
    Does anyone know how bad it's suppose to hit the northern states?(above nc that is dc(where I have family), md, nyc?
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    The weather channel .com says the Northeast is in for a long night of strong winds flooding and power outages. UGH The storm is said to be moving slowly, so lots of flooding in low lying areas. DC ~ flooding expected along the Potomac river. Lower Manhattan has been evacuated, no public transportation, heavy flooding expected, worry over the strong winds and the skyscrapers :frown:
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in Va Beach and I have a lot of branches in my yard and some gutters are knocked down. They have a lot of flooding in the downtown area and other areas. My street doesn't flood, thank god. Its still windy and raining here. Hope all is safe and please don't go outside until it is over. People have died , so this is really serious.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    In MD as well, storm is slower moving (16mph) compared to other storms which are close to 30mph. We are having some steady rain so far (no worse than a bad thunderstorm though) Wind warnings have decreased (was 70-80) now is down to 50ish. I'm hoping it's not as serious as they originally thought. We have shelters in every county open and most will accept your pets too.

I'll keep the people living on the coast in my prayers.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    In southern PA here and it's been raining lots and getting windy. We live in the woods near the Susquehanna River so we always lose power when it's windy. There's always a tree that goes... so we've lined up flashlights and candles and filled lots of containers of water and are waiting for the storm to hit. They say it will be bad after midnight. I told my 5 kids that we can all camp out in the living room tonight so we can all be safe and in 1 room. Good luck and be safe everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • SiyaL8R
    SiyaL8R Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm in Baltimore near the inner harbor and its very windy and its been raining non-stop since just before noon. Fell's Point I heard has 3 inches of rain in some places already. I'm just hoping the tree in front of my house stays put.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I'm in Baltimore near the inner harbor and its very windy and its been raining non-stop since just before noon. Fell's Point I heard has 3 inches of rain in some places already. I'm just hoping the tree in front of my house stays put.

I have 5 300ft pine trees in my back yard and one that's probably 250 in my front yard. we pray every time there is a storm that they stay upright and not on top of our cars and houses.
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    I have a huge OLD tree in my front yard and massive trees out back. I get nervous when we have heavy rains and strong winds.