New to this but excited to see more changes!

Options
Hey everyone my name's Pete, I'm 21, and I've been working out for about 3 years. I've always had a very fast metabolism and very lean build and have wanted to put on some muscle since I was younger. I'm very pleased with where I'm at now however I still have a ways to go (from MY vision of perfection) and it seems this site is perfect to help me do it since I really never kept too well of a log with food (crazy I know). Any tips anyone has are always welcome whether it be nutritional or exercise wise and obviously if anyone has questions I'm here to share what I know as well. Hopefully I get to meet more people who are just as crazy as I am about fitness haha.

-Pete

Replies

• kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You're sure to find a lot of valuable info and resources here.

You'd efinitely want to get your fair amount of protein (including whey protein shakes) if you're looking to put on a little weight and muscle mass. Are you taking any supplements? What are your workouts like?
  • 06MustangGT
    Options
    Yeah I'm just taking basic stuff as far as supplements. I've done a few cycles of creatine mono and now I'm just on a basic whey protein and taking a pre workout with nitric oxide and other goodies in it. And yeah my protein intake is at about 215g a day and I'm going with a 50/30/20 breakdown of Carbs Protien Fats and eating clean of course. My workouts are pretty solid: Monday- Chest and Abs, Tues- Legs and Shoulders, Wed- Back and Abs , Thurs- Bi's and Tris. I also have light and heavy cardio sessions mixed in on Mon, Wed, Fri. I've cycled between a 5x5 workout plan and now I'm going back to a more tradition 3 to 5 sets (depending on muscle group) of around 8 reps plan.
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to share information with others as well as to track your food intake. I am so impressed how dedicated you are at your age. Keep up the good work!
  • 06MustangGT
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to share information with others as well as to track your food intake. I am so impressed how dedicated you are at your age. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I've only been on this two days and I'm hooked.