critique my plan:

Options
My diet is filled with carbs up the booty and I'm honestly thinking of quitting the calorie counting and just going with how my body feels...

I've decided to do a 3-5 day cleanse and when that's over, completely change my diet.

I plan to eat 6 small meals a day with protein being my main thang and change my workouts so that they are harder ;)

meal 1

egg white omelet (1/2 cup liquid egg whites) w/ 1 cup broccoli.

meal 2

*1 small can tuna w/ 2 cups spinach.

meal 3

*9 oz boneless skinless steamed chicken breast and 1 cup steamed green beans.

meal 4

*1.5 scoops vanilla whey protein mixed w/ water

meal 5

*9 oz boneless skinless steamed chicken breast, 2 cups romain lettuce, 1 tomato.

meal 6

1.5 scoops vanilla whey protein mixed w/ water

this was actually my workout plan for this week and I only completed a few days of it. I fell off so bad this week and i'm gonna do it again.

Day 1: Quads/Hammys/Calves

* Freehand Jump Squat 3x15
* Plie DB Squat 3x15
* Leg Press 3x15
* Lying Leg Curls 3x15
* DB lunges 3x15
* DB/BB Step Ups 3x15
* DB Sumo Squat 3x15
* DB Side Lunge 3x15
* DB Curtsy Curls 3x15
* DB Squat Press 3x15

Day 2: Tri’s/Shoulders/Chest/Abs

* Bench Press 3x15
* Incline DB Press 3x15
* Stability DB Chest Flys 3x15
* Tricep Dips 3x15
* Overhead Tricep Extension 3x15
* Overhead Press 3x15
* Plank Rows 3x15
* Bench Tricep Dips 3x15
* Decline Crunches w/ 15lb Plate
* As many push-ups as I can possibly do

Day 3: Cardio: Sprint Intervals

Day 4: Back/Biceps/Dat Azz (lol)

* DB Bridge 5x10
* Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 3x15
* Back Press 3x15
* Squat DB Press 3x15
* Bicep Press 3x15
* Bicep Curl to Shoulder Press 3x15
* Glute Kickback 5x10 R/L
* Plank Rows 3x15
* One Arm DB Row 3x15
* Deadlift to Upright Row 3x15

Day 5: Shoulders/Biceps/Abs

* Kettlebell Press 3x15
* Arnold DB Press 3x15
* 100 sit-ups on the decline bench w/ 15lb plate
* BB Upright Row 3x15
* Hanging Knee Raise 3x15
* Iron Cross 3x15
* Bench Chest Flys 3x15
* Overhead Press 3x15
* 50 Oblique Crunches R/L
* 60 Sec. Plank Step-Outs x3

Day 6: Cardio: Sprint Intervals/Spin Class

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The cleanse is unnecessary. You can just start any changes straight away without doing a cleanse first.
    I would add a complex carb (like sweet potato, brown rice, whole grain something or other) to every meal. Unless never eating carbs again seems like a great idea to you.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    You can add some carbs to your first 3 meals. Your routine seems well put together. After 3-4 weeks change it up and work different bodyparts together.
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    Not a critique, but a suggestion. Instead of steaming chicken or veggies, I cook them in a dry pan (no oil, butter, etc). No added calories, but you still get some browning a more flavor (in my opinion) than with steaming. Best of luck!
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    thanks ya'll :)
    i might add sweet potatos as a carb, sounds like a plan.
    also, maybe I should do more cardio :/
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    thanks ya'll :)
    i might add sweet potatos as a carb, sounds like a plan.
    also, maybe I should do more cardio :/

I was going to say that, but it's really up to you. Personally I feel better about my diet when I do a lot of cardio, but that is a personal preference. You don't need to if you dont want to!
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    Add in some healthy fat, its not the devil and you need it for hormones, immune system and a million other reasons.

And I find it all short on iron for a lady, but who knows, it may all work for you.
  • Bsp120167
    Bsp120167 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have done a few cleanses and feel they do help with getting the "evil" out of your system. Your plan looks good. I am sure you will do great!!
  • Murphk323
    Options
    Add in some healthy fat, its not the devil and you need it for hormones, immune system and a million other reasons.

And I find it all short on iron for a lady, but who knows, it may all work for you.

I take supplements for iron and fish oil as well as a multivitamin. thanks, I'm looking forward to doing this. ;)
  • Murphk323
    Options
    I have done a few cleanses and feel they do help with getting the "evil" out of your system. Your plan looks good. I am sure you will do great!!

nice. what cleanses have you done?
  • JohnnyStorm
    JohnnyStorm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow, great looking plan! Lots of clean/lean protein. I love it!

Just curious, what caused you to fall off? It's a pretty strict plan was just wondering if you started feeling a little lethargic on it and if that is the case I like the idea of adding a few more complex fibrous carbs.
  • Murphk323
    Options

Just curious, what caused you to fall off? It's a pretty strict plan was just wondering if you started feeling a little lethargic on it and if that is the case I like the idea of adding a few more complex fibrous carbs.

ohh, i meant that i was doing the workout posted but fell off from that (i had joint pain in my knee for a few days and took a break from the gym)
    but my diet has been pretty blah. mostly carbs and barely any protein.
    so i decided to change everything and eat as clean as i can.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You might try alternating some cod or scallops instead of chicken all the time. And maybe switch one of the protein powders with an ounce of baking nuts like pecans or walnuts. Apples are excellent as well, yeah they have done sugar, but also lots of fiber and potassium.

Another thing to look at, go to www.nutritiondata.com and there is a function called tracking. You can input your entire day in there. It will let you adjust your macros s so it doesn't look off, but then you can see what you might be deficient in and look up what foods items are good additions or replacements.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

ohh, i meant that i was doing the workout posted but fell off from that (i had joint pain in my knee for a few days and took a break from the gym)
    but my diet has been pretty blah. mostly carbs and barely any protein.
    so i decided to change everything and eat as clean as i can.

My main concern here is that you're going from one extreme to the other. Why not find a middle ground with carbs, protein, and fat?
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options

I take supplements for iron and fish oil as well as a multivitamin. thanks, I'm looking forward to doing this. ;)

That's great. The only issue with iron supps is they are notorious for pour absorption. Consider substituting the chicken breast for a skinless thigh now and then, or liver, or some source of meat that was used as actual activated muscle in the animal.

This will be richer in blood while the animal was alive, thus richer in digestible iron. You will need a greater amount of fat then one or two cod liver oil pills a day. Fat is vital, plus some of those nutrients in your multi are not water soluble, but fat soluble.

Please consider at least 15% calories from fat. On top of that, going much lower on carbs, which you are, means you are dependent on fat for energy for working out. In this state, you can consumer a few extra calories from fat without a worry, so long as your are doing even simple exercise like a one hour walk three times a week.

If you are doing strength training as outlined, fat is something you want at a higher level.

Again, I am only budding in with this because you asked for critiques.

I think, even unaltered, you are going to do well with this plan if you can stick to it. But without some fat for flavor, and that feeling of satiety it may be harder to stick to, Even something as simple as including the yolks in your morning omelet are going to make a big difference here. And perhaps just adding the yolks is the only change needed in my opinion. You are tossing away soooo much good with the yolk to avoid 45 calories and some cholesterol and fat that has been shown time and again to have no impact on your blood cholesterol.

Either way, as I said, even unaltered you would definitely lose weight on this plan. But for me I would find it very hard to stick to this plan. Again, speaking for me.

Good luck, I am sure you will attain your goals. I firmly believe there is more then one road to China and not everyone has to travel mine.