Question for women that run (or dudes with long hair)

Options
2»

Replies

• FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! I will try these out before I chop all of my hair off. I am just hot and impatient. I live in southeast Texas, and our heat has been killer lately.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I usually french braid it; my bangs are long enough to go back and I add a couple clips to hold them in place. Have also pulled my hair through a non slip elastic and then pulled through again leaving a loop of hair hanging. And finally sometimes pull it back and twist it around and clip in place. It kinda bugs me to just have a ponytail flipping back and forth so don't usually do that--the french braid is my fav.
  • FabCheeky
    Options
    I usually french braid it; my bangs are long enough to go back and I add a couple clips to hold them in place. Have also pulled my hair through a non slip elastic and then pulled through again leaving a loop of hair hanging. And finally sometimes pull it back and twist it around and clip in place. It kinda bugs me to just have a ponytail flipping back and forth so don't usually do that--the french braid is my fav.

I guess that I need to just learn to french braid and get over it. haha Thanks!
  • Lolamako
    Lolamako Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Those no slip headbands that are everywhere are just a piece of velvet ribbon facing inward with nice ribbon sewn on the outside. Usually with a piece of elastic sewn in too. Like this:

http://ashleyisawife.blogspot.com/2010/10/diy-headband-tutorial.html

I have nothing to do with that blog, she just had the best tutorial that I could find.
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    www.bondiband.com

They rock!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Ok. So I used to be a heavy metal guitar player back in the day, and had hair down to my midsection (Really!).

It's all gone now, but when I was working out or rollerblading or cleaning or whatever, I'd pull it back into a pony-tail, but at the end only pull it 1/2way through so that it would be a loop at the back.

Kept it off my neck and out of my face for whatever I was doing. ;-)
  • FabCheeky
    Options
    Thanks!
    Egger, you made me giggle. Thank you! :P