A question for the ladies...

Options
I am just starting on my weight loss journey here but I'm psyched to have found this fabulous site! I'm 5'3" and weigh in at 185 lbs, with a 40DD bra size. I have always enjoyed being a busty lady. :wink: Will I go down substantially in cup size as I work towards my goal weight of 110 lbs.? Do any of you have experience with this?

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    As I gained weight over the years my bust size went from a 36C to a 40DD. I've lost 35lbs so far & I've slimmed down to a 36DD. So I haven't lost boobage, but I did lose some fat around my rib cage.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It really depends. Some women do considerably. I have lost 60 lbs and gone from a 42 DD to a 36DD. My body is insanely proportionate. I can't say that I need to get rid of a few inches here or there, I have fat stored everywhere, so I think my boobs will get smaller but stay proportionate to what my body size is. I'm cool with that.
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options
    I started this journey at 200lbs and was a 38DD but when I am at 145lbs or so I am a 36C....so yes I believe you will go down but you shouldnt lose them. :smile:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It just depends on how you lose your weight. My underbust is losing inches faster than my bust so I actually went up. I'm sure mine will level out but I was a C when I was in High school I hope I don't go lower than that. I do see a lot of women say they lose in the chest first.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i have lost 25 lbs thus far....i have gained some inches around my chest due to strength training....my bras, however, are looser and my bra straps are as tight as they can go and i still have room.....for the girls..hehe.....different people will lose differently and in different areas....wish you luck
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I'm going from 153 to 115. I've lost 16 pounds so far but the weight I've gained in my chest hasn't really decreased yet. I was a 34 B then as I gained I went to a 34C. When I started losing I was worried about losing some of it, but so far I've noticed some difference in size but it's just from Busting out of my C cup to filling it out normally now.

Hoping I don't lose any more.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Went from a 42DD to a 36D...and I am LOVING IT! LOL! :bigsmile:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I had DD cup size... and at 18-20 my body just decided to lose the extra weight (I wasn't trying) and I ended up a C cup - which is where I have stayed for the balance of my existence... I'm 47 now and I've been up and down in my weight by 100 pounds and the C has never waivered. We'll see how I fare this time since I'm still 70+ pounds away from my goal.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I wenr from a 40D to a 34C after losing 23lbs....a lot of my weight was lost in my chest area.
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost a bunch of weight (100+ pounds), I went from a 40D to a 36B! And boy, was THAT a relief! Trying to get back down there again. I'm not as heavy as I was before, but I'm still in a D and I *hate* that.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No one can predict what your breasts have planned.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    My starting weight 3 weeks ago was 201 and now I'm 196 and my height is close to yours 5' 2' my bra size was 36B for years and now its 40C I do expect it will go down some but I hope it doesn't go back to 36B but even that was not a bad size. Good Luck in your journey.

If you want bigger breast you're going to have to exercise the muscles behind your breast so they look fuller and firmer by lifting weights to strengthen upper body core muscles.
  • valguthrie2915
    Options
    I have always had large breasts despite my weight. I was really disappointed a few years ago I dropped 60lbs and went from a 38 DD to a 36 DDD. I have been strength training and I have lost a total of 10 1/2 inches all together everywhere except in my boobs. I have lost inches around the rib cage just not the boob area.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost too much, nor gained too much in my life...but my breast size has changed a little bit (I have to say). When I was 124 pounds I typically wore a 30D or 32C. Now that I am ~100 pounds I can still fit into my 32C (30D is a bit painful because of how the bra was designed, so it stabs into my chest now :/), but it is looser than before.

Point is, my chest size has changed, but not drastically. I think the worst case scenario if your breast get too small and you are unhappy with them when you reach your goal weight is a boob job! While I could care less if I were flat-chested, I think boob jobs can look AMAZING :)

Good luck and I am sure you will be sexy no matter what!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on your genetics.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I went from a D cup to a C cup, and my boobs literally were swimming in my D cup bras! I miss my boobs lol
  • jamie117100
    Options
    you will lose some of your breasts, but just the fatty parts. You shouldn't lose too much and some girls have said they were glad to lose a size or two because their backs didn't hurt as much.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I won't mind if I lose a little off the top...
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    well, so far, my band size has gone down some, but my cup size has stayed the same...mostly, i do find as my band size goes down, the cups feel tighter. so atm i am a 40/42 C, but once i slip down to a 38/40, i may have to bump up the cup size to a D. my mom, who is also here on MFP has less weight to lose than i, so she has gone down in significantly faster than i, and is experiencing the same thing. as her band size gets smaller, she has to up her cup size.

so i think, based on all the different replies....you won't know how your body will act till you get there. lol
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I used to be a 36D and now a 32B/C