My first 24 hrs

Options
Ok so I just joined yesterday and all I can say is WOW! Though I've never met any of you, I feel accountable to you. Last night after I shoveled my deck and my sidewalks I was so tempted to call that my excercise for the day. Believe me it was excercise, but in the back of my mind I knew it was my old way of thinking, finding a scapegoat or a reason not to excercise. I started thinking of the people I met on here yesterday, how much weight they've lost, and how desperately I want to be right there with them. I'm wondering how I'm going to do over the holidays. I don't have the internet at my house so I only log on when I'm at work. Last night I kept a notebook with my food and excercise so I could input it today, so I'm hoping I can keep up with that until I can log on. Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome, worthwhile, and motivating me to get out there and do it!

Replies

• LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just joined yesterday and all I can say is WOW! Though I've never met any of you, I feel accountable to you. Last night after I shoveled my deck and my sidewalks I was so tempted to call that my excercise for the day. Believe me it was excercise, but in the back of my mind I knew it was my old way of thinking, finding a scapegoat or a reason not to excercise. I started thinking of the people I met on here yesterday, how much weight they've lost, and how desperately I want to be right there with them. I'm wondering how I'm going to do over the holidays. I don't have the internet at my house so I only log on when I'm at work. Last night I kept a notebook with my food and excercise so I could input it today, so I'm hoping I can keep up with that until I can log on. Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome, worthwhile, and motivating me to get out there and do it!
  • kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    Options
    you came to the right site for encouragment
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I keep a small notebook with me everywhere I go. You never know when you will pop something in your mouth or go for a long walk or hike. I want to write it donw RIGHT NOW so I don't forget and get the satisfaction that it was a good day. This site is VERY encouraging with no pressure. It is awesome and becomes easily addicting. Plus, if you think about it, if you are on here, your hands are busy so you are not feeding you face :laugh:
    Happy Holidays to all and be safe this season in this crazy weather we're having....XOXO
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    good idea. I need to go get a small note book. Last time I went for sushi I ended up writing my intake on an receipt I found in my purse.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    First day down , step in the right direction. Don't forget to add that snow shoveling to your cardio. It definitely counts.