5 MONTHS ANNIVERSARY- and 30 lbs. Less of me

I began this journey on 3/27/2011 SKEPTICAL, PESSIMISTIC, AND NOT THE LEAST BIT ENTHUSED
but it's a journey I'm GLAD I stayed on.
It hasn't been easy, I've faltered many times,
but I've learned SO MUCH along the way.
I'm stronger inside and out- I can SAY NO to seconds, I can say YES to just ONE( 1 ) piece of chocolate- OR SAY NO, I'll PASS- because I CAN. I am no longer in bondage to food, and it feels PHENOMENAL! :happy:

While I often wished there was some "magic pill" that could make all this fat go away,
I'm glad I never found it. I'd have missed the most important lessons I've learned along the way-
that I CAN make healthy choices, I can overcome temptations, I can come out stronger than when I first started.
They don't make a pill for that. It's called SELF-CONTROL. That I do have, I just never used it before.
I have a WONDERFUL GROUP OF MFP friends that encourage me, advise me, cry with me, rejoice with me, and pray for me.
I CHERISH each one of them.:heart:

So here's my progress photos: STARTED 3/27/2011 30 lbs. down and roughly 10 more to go...

IMG_4668-1.jpg

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    (change the IMG to img)

You look awesome! Great work!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    I began this journey on 3/27/2011 SKEPTICAL, PESSIMISTIC, AND NOT THE LEAST BIT ENTHUSED
    I'm stronger inside and out- I can SAY NO to seconds, I can say YES to just ONE( 1 ) piece of chocolate- OR SAY NO, I'll PASS- because I CAN. I am no longer in bondage to food, and it feels PHENOMENAL! :happy:

While I often wished there was some "magic pill" that could make all this fat go away,
    I'm glad I never found it. I'd have missed the most important lessons I've learned along the way-
    that I CAN make healthy choices, I can overcome temptations, I can come out stronger than when I first started.
    They don't make a pill for that. It's called SELF-CONTROL. That I do have, I just never used it before.
    I have a WONDERFUL GROUP OF MFP friends that encourage me, advise me, cry with me, rejoice with me, and pray for me.

So here's my progress photos: STARTED 3/27/2011 30 lbs. down and roughly 10 more to go...

IMG_4668-1.jpg
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Woohoo! Amazing! I love what you said too. What an awesome attitude. You sound like you feel as good as you look. Keep up the good work!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Fabulous job you are looking awesome!!!
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member

IMG_4668-1.jpg

Here ya go
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member

IMG_4668-1.jpg

Wow. . you truly look amazing. . . I love seeing success stories like this. . it really gives me the encouragement that I need to get out of the rut I have been in. . Thank you for sharing.
  • You are an inspiration x
  • You look great! :)
  • bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    You look fantastic! Way to go! Keep up the good work. You look happier and from what you posted, it seems as though you feel happier! That's all that matters!

WOHOO!!
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! what a SUCCESSS you are!!! beautiful!!!! a true inspiration..thank u!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Amazing! I love these success stories, they keep me going!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Amazing results!! You look great and I'm sure you feel so much better too. Keep up the hard work:)
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Absolutely fantastic! You have come so far! 3/4 of the way to goal weight too. Love it! Thanks for sharing.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    :heart:
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Wow, congratulations on your success! I hope I can do that by 50!!
  • (change the IMG to img)

THANK YOU for the advice- SEE what I mean about MFP folks?? You all ROCK!
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    lOVE YOUR POST, you did it the right way and that is how I am going to do it., GREAT JOB!!:flowerforyou:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    way to go!!! love your post!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    you look great
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Fantastic work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!