Workout Music*

Options
Hey I'm just interested to see what kind of music ya'll listen to when working out? I'm also in need of some new motivational songs that will keep me moving!

Replies

• Itsindakiss
    Options
    Hey I'm just interested to see what kind of music ya'll listen to when working out? I'm also in need of some new motivational songs that will keep me moving!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I love to listen to 80's rock. Showing my age.
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    The club I belong too has a bunch of presets. I find that any music is nice, but some days I like to simply motivate myself, by telling myself exactly why I'm working and pushing myself. BAsically I tell myself I'm not a QUITER, and the reward will outweigh anything else, which is learning how to push myself further and further. ooorahh !!!

However, I like music with a more up tempo style to it from my era, ie Zeppelin, Santana, Ozzy, Tesla, Motley Crue, AC/DC, Robin Trower, The Who. But I also enjoy on my light days smooth music such as Sting, Billy Paul, Sinatra, etc.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    on the treadmill I actually watch a movie. I have a shelf just at eye level and put my personal DVD player right in front of me and just walk and walk. however, since I found out how many more calories are burned on the bike, I use it more now. And for that I read. since I get up early to do it I don't want to wake my sweetie. you learn to read with a bouncing book. :laugh:
  • kris1416
    Options
    I'm into the 80's too with some 90's thrown in along the way (MC Hammer--Too Legit Too Legit To Quit....hee hee guilty pleasure I guess). Along with current Rock/Pop....Flyleaf, No Doubt, Godsmack, stuff like that
  • Annabel
    Annabel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Reggeton... Spanish Hip Hop. Makes me work out for a long period without loosing focus nor getting bored.
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what I am doing. But I usually like to stick with anything that has a fast, strong beat.
  • christahollis
    Options
    For those of us who aren't way crazy over rock music...hip hop and r&b work great. I find that it's all in how you use the beat, so songs that worked well for me when i was just starting to workout...now work well because i'm so much fitter and can go beat for beat. Sometime if you need to work at a slower pace (especially on a bike or running....which are my workouts of choice) you can use them with like a three stroke (or step) for four beats of music because of the swing in the tempo.
    Also, I have a great love for the music from Saturday Night Fever...shockingly good workout tempo, and fun for those who have an appreciation for the disco genre. Some disco just kills and is so fun...like he's the greatest dancer, diana ross' stuff, you know....
    New Jack is great too, all that ninties stuff like um...rump shaker, or even Jade's Don't walk away...it's usually pretty happy music, takes you back a bit, and has that beat.
    When I really want to throw down, I like to go with something like Beyonce's more uptempo songs...like deja vu...a whole lot of Michael Jackson works in there too (Dont stop til you get enough...whooo!--that one's like a theme song). Or, there are a few modern rock songs that I dig for that, which you can go beat for beat with them, like Finger 11's Hypnotized. Latin dance stuff is also great, because of that tempo.
    The biggest thing is listening to what you love, that'll move you...if you want to dance to it, you'll be able to use it to drive your motivation in the more grueling minutes of your workout.
    Who doesn't love iTunes?
  • aims71385
    Options
    I listen to a lot of dance remix songs...stuff that would make you want to get up and move:smile: Madonna, Annie Lennox, B. Spears, Beyonce, Aqua:laugh: , and also motivational songs like "Eye of the Tiger". A lot of other songs I workout with come from movies -- Karate Kid, Chariots of Fire, Footloose, Bring it On, Step Up, Flashdance...
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I have an iPod mix that I change frequently so that I can look forward to my workout with "new" music (even if it isn't new, just new to that mix.) For some of the songs, I just like the beats, others I like the message.....Right now I like Kanye's "Stronger," lots of Maroon 5, Fergie, Finger 11 "Paralyzer", Timbaland, Nelly Furtado, Good Charlotte "I Don't Want to be in Love," Scissor Sisters, "I Don't Feel like Dancing," Evanescence "Wake Me Up," and lots of others, but this would be a good start.....GL and get going! When I hear one of these songs on the radio, I just smile, because I can say, oh this is on my "running" mix......:wink:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    I have to listen to rock, I need that "grrrrrrr" kind of music to get me going!
  • trishara
    Options
    I like listenning to anything that has a great beat to it. So I am all over the place.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    A great song to add to your mix.....Tim Mcgraw's "How Bad do You Want It?"!! Great beat and great lyrics for motivation!
  • aimee_120
    Options
    i am a journey "dont stop believin" and old britney and nsync type of girl! yeah, i know i am a dork! :smile:
  • Itsindakiss
    Options
    good ol' Mc Hammer...i like...thanks everybody I got alot of good songs to download! :bigsmile:
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    I like 50 Cent's album 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' for working out to, and Bruce Springsteen's 'Born in the USA' album. Oh, and Madonna's 'Confessions on a Dancefloor' too.
  • fitzio1015
    Options
    happy hard core.....its really fast and fun......its teckno...yeah i was a old party girl..but i was so skinny then....dancing 7 days a week....hell yeah
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I switch it up according to my mood and what machine I am on. Usually techno, fast hip hop or pop on the treadmill (Prodigy, Black Eyed Peas, etc) . If I'm struggling I put on some metal like Rage Against the Machine or old skool Metallica. I have my ipod hooked up to the stereo using bluetooth so I can change the music without stopping the workout.
    I know you can make an imix and put it on itunes for other people to look at and purchase songs. If anyone is interested in new music let me know. I listen to literally everything but country and have a large collection.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I listen to hip hop mostly just because it has a faster beat. Or motivational songs, they really get me going. Britney Spears latest cd, blackout is one of my favorites to workout to. I can't really stand her but almost every song on that cd is upbeat and gets you feeling like you need to move!
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    I love to listen to EVERYTHING when I workout. I love hip hop, rock, pop, alternitive, and of course...r&b for the cool down. Basically if I can dance to it...I will DEF workout to it.

Here are some song's I have on my IPOD shuffle right now...

Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
    Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown feat. T-Pain
    Wall to Wall - Chris Brown
    Salt Shaker - Ying Yang Twins
    This My One - Too Short & E-40
    Tell Me When to GO - E-40 feat. Keak Da Sneak
    Gouda - E-40 feat. B-Legit
    So Excited - Janet Jackson feat. Khia
    Cal on Me - Janet Jackson feat. Nelly
    Everytime Tha Beat Drop - Monica featuring Dem Franchize Boyz
    Get Me Bodied - Beyonce'
    Like A Boy - Ciara