Juicing?

Options
Anyone have any good info to share on juicing? I think that I have decided to buy a juicer and join the reboot club.:drinker:

Replies

• trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like juicing alot. Try juicing apples, carrots, and oranges, tastes amazing :) there's alot of recipes out there.
  • dmw907
    dmw907 Posts: 14
    Options
    Do it!!!! I have a Breville Ikon Juicer and I love it. I have been juicing for about 6 weeks now. I have lost 30lbs (I'm 5'4" and started at ~185). I'm not doing a true juice fast because I still eat raw foods. I juice for breakfast and lunch and eat a raw veggie salad with vinegar or salsa for dinner and maybe one peice of fruit. I also cut out all caffiene products, coffee and all soda. I feel wonderful and would have it no other way! I even got one of my friends at work to start and she lost 9lbs in the first week and a half and she still eats raw food too.

Did you watch Sick, Fat, and Nearly Dead? My neighbor told my fiance and I about it and encouraged us to watch it and I started juicing the following Monday.

I just bought a book on Amazon called The Everything Juicing Book by Carol Jacobs. It's an awesome book and includes a ton of recipes, remedies and information about juicing. I may not juice for my meals much longer but I will continue to juice fruits and veggies for life, I have removed the coffee maker and replaced it with my Ikon.
  • emilynelson26
    emilynelson26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a juice for breakfast every morning. I saw Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead and decided to try it out. I knew I couldn't do the complete juice fast (i'm a cook and have to constantly taste food at work).

My favorite is 1 bunch of kale, 2 carrots, 1 cucumber, 1 celery stalk, and 1 apple. I sometimes add lemon or parsley.

I also really enjoy beets, carrots, and spinach.
  • mrstotal180
    mrstotal180 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am excited to try it and update everyone!