September 50 Mile Walk Challenge

Options
Earlier this year, I had knee surgery, and have been instructed to walk or cycle for my cardio exercise. Since it's easier to walk with the family than ride, this is my exercise of choice. Since I know there are many out there who also walk, and many who are just starting out, I figured my first challenge would be something these people could do.
So, starting Sept 1, keep track of your milage, and log it into the following spreadsheet every Friday:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AttkBpWEfy1udENDUGNPZm1aN0szdVlvYktMd3gxb3c&hl=en_US

Of course, post your results on this thread as well. If you aren't comfortable with the spreadsheet, message me and I'll add it for you.

Now, I know that 50 miles isn't very much, but if you're just starting out, it could be a little daunting. And if it seems too easy, then you have nothing to lose by showing off, right? :bigsmile:

Drop a reply and let us know if your in, and then add your name to the spreadsheet. Good luck!

Replies

• silverbullkitty
    Options
    Whoohoo! I'm in! I'm a walker and I average about 40/miles/mo.... so this is a little bit of a challenge for me! Thanks for getting this group started up. :) I'm adding my name to the spread now. (Kathleen is - Silverbullkitty)
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good idea! :-)
  • brooke4fitness
    brooke4fitness Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just joined your challenge by adding my name to the spreadsheet. 50 miles WILL be a challenge for me. I walk, but not that much!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I love challenging myself!!!
  • Phestr
    Phestr Posts: 37
    Options
    bump
  • Phestr
    Options
    Welcome to all who are taking th challenge! Anyone else?
  • SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll try! But I may only get to 25 miles! But I'll be pushing K in the stroller so maybe she can clock 25 and between us we can reach 50 ;)
  • nananie2
    Options
    Any of you guys have Nike + app? It would be a nice way to challenge ourselves and maybe get there faster... :-)
  • Phestr
    Options
    I don't. I've got an Android phone, not sure if they are supported.
  • Phestr
    Options
    The Challenge starts tomorrow, so don't forget to keep track of your miles as well as your calories!
  • allycaturban
    Options
    this is perfect for me im in :)
  • Phestr
    Options
    Welcome!
  • niccole679
    Options
    Day 1 here we go! So excited for this challenge.

exercise.png

10135966.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • babygurl48
    Options
    Started already!

2 miles walked

exercise.png
  • nananie2
    Options
    5 miles in, 45 more to go! :-)
  • Phestr
    Options
    Awesome starts! Let's keep them up, and remember to update the spreadsheet!
  • babygurl48
    Options

exercise.png

1 mile in today
  • SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Did one mile today! That brings my total to 9.6 miles for the first week. Starting week 2 tomorrow. :)
  • Phestr
    Options
    Keep it up, ladies! And don't forget to update the spreadsheet!
  • silverbullkitty
    Options
    Forgot about coming back and checking in on the thread. Been faithfully logging my walks as I come in from them. Keep up the good work everyone! This challenge in definately a challenge for me! I'm really pushing myself this month.