Almased

Options
Has anyone tried the Almased Synergy Diet? If so, what kind of results did you have? Were there any side effects? If you are also diabetic how were your blood sugar levels affected? I really want to try it but I need some positive or negative feedback...

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I guess not...never got 1 response. Sooooooo, i'm gonna try it anyway.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Do you have information you can post about this diet?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Just googled it - fad diet. Good luck!
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    the main reason i decided to try this diet is supposed to be good for diabetics. Diabetics (especially those who are insulin dependent) have a hard time losing weight-even when they do everything right
    Almased is a powder drink made from fermented soy,yogurt and honey. you can mix with water or skim milk and add cinnamon,vanilla or almond extract. if you look up their toll free number @ almased.com or almased synergy diet they will send you information and the 14 day diet plan. they sent me one for people with diabetes but the protein drink is not just for diabetics. i bought 1 can to see how it works ! can has 10 servings) and how my bloo.d sugar levels are affected. i'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Diane
  • StefThi
    StefThi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have attempted it ones and did it back then for about a week. It worked very well. I felt much more awake and had a lot more energy. I also slept better and all my cravings were gone. But eventually with all the delicious food around I surrendered and started eating again.... But it is a great kick start to weight loss as the rapid weight loss at the beginning is very motivating and makes you feel great...

But since then it has been a part of my everyday diet... it is great when you are in a hurry. On a work day I eat a normal healthy meal in the morning and evening and for lunch I simply take an almased drink with me... it makes me feel good and energetic through out the day!

One advice though. It tastes pretty horrible with water.. I mix it with 100ml water and 100ml light soy milk. The slight sweetness of the soy milk makes it taste pretty good :)

Let me know how you get on....
  • BeautyNBriefcase
    BeautyNBriefcase Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey Stef, just read www.almased.com and looking to go to gnc and try out. how are you making out...? still drinkin' in? lose any additional lbs?
  • ryajak
    ryajak Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Giving it a shot. Have been drinking the Almased twice a day for 7 days now. I think I am down about 5 lbs (need to lose 35 lbs according to medical recommended weight charts). It's cheaper online than at GNC and way better than the GNC brand. Anyone else have any feedback on Almased?
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have been a diabetic for 37 years - insulin dependent on a pump - I need to lose about 20 pounds so I bought some to try at breakfast and as a snack - Hope it works, please let me know if you have positive or negative experience with this product and hunger/weight loss/ blood sugars.

Thank you
  • SJWojo
    SJWojo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would be very interested in hearing how Almased works for you. It's tough enough to be on insulin but it's especially hard when you are trying to shed some unwanted pounds. If it works for you, without any adverse effects to your BG levels, I may want to give it a shot (no pun intended) myself.

Sheila
  • KathieDee
    KathieDee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I tried it once when I was trying to loose some weight for a family cruise. I had a shake for luch, breakfast and dinner. I also had green tea and low-soduim v8 drinks in between the shakes. I was able to loose 11lbs in five days and from there I had a shake for Breakfast and Lunch and 500 calorie dinner. I was able to loose another 8lbs in three weeks. I was also going to the gym and working out with a trainer twice a week.

I worked out great but I end up getting pregnant and gained all of it back. :laugh:

I am going to give it a try again starting this week.

Hopefully it works for you.
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just recently decided to give it a try. I'm not diabetic, but I have hypothyroidism and PCOS and find it very hard to lose weight on my own. I've just been on it for a day and had 2 shakes so far. Man! Is it disgusting!!! I tried it with water and then I tried it with milk. It tastes like baby formula and it's gritty. Any one have any suggestions on how to make it a little more bearable?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Their website reads like pseudo-science nonsense - "Many diseases occur because the metabolism does not function properly." vague at best "the metabolism".....which organ is that?

On one hand they say non GMO yet the product uses soy. If they're using North American soy there's about a 90% chance it's Monsanto Roundup Resistant

"If you replace your dinner with Almased®, you speed up the fat burning process during the night." - unscientific poppycock.

Long on anecdotes, short on science.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Body by vi is awesome and diabetic friendly!!
  • mec0925
    mec0925 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just recently decided to give it a try. I'm not diabetic, but I have hypothyroidism and PCOS and find it very hard to lose weight on my own. I've just been on it for a day and had 2 shakes so far. Man! Is it disgusting!!! I tried it with water and then I tried it with milk. It tastes like baby formula and it's gritty. Any one have any suggestions on how to make it a little more bearable?

I don't know anything about the product but if you have hypothyroidism you can't have soy. You may want to reconsider using that product, soy is very bad for people with hypothyroidism.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking for a month 5 days per week only for breakfast. I just mix it with my usual coffee (cooled over night in the fridge) then use a blender ball cup to mix it well and drink it out of a straw as I drive to work...Does not taste bad this way and I stay full until lunch but I don't know that it is something I will buy again.
  • bakergal
    Options
    Did Almased before, starting again. The one thing I love about it is the taste which makes it easy to stick to, especially mixed with unsweetened Almond milk. Was going to try Body By Vi, but since it contains sucralose, which shrinks the thymus gland, the master control of the immune system, Body by Vi is not good for me.
  • rvbarton
    rvbarton Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm currently doing the Almased diet. I have hypothyroidism and have had difficulty losing weight for years. I'm 45 years old and my doctor told me that I will be diabetic... no way to avoid it. I've tried various diets and exercise, but have never really seen any major results. I started the Almased diet 3 weeks ago. I am 6'3", and weighed 285 lbs.

The first two weeks I drank only the Almased drink 3 times a day, on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, then drank two shakes a day, with a sensible dinner for the remainder of the week. I also had vegetable broth once or twice, and one or two low sodium V-8 juice. I broke down in the evening and had to have a snack, and I also didn't give up alcohol, but only cut it back. I have worked out at least once a week as well.

My shakes are made up of the following:
    - 12 ounces Almond milk
    - 10 tablespoons of Almased powder
    - 1-2 tablespoons of Flax seed oil
    - 2000mg Cinnamon

I typically make them in a shaker ball mixer. I didn't like the taste at first at all. I compared it to drinking a Hay milkshake, or licking a bale of hay, but the taste grows on you. Drinking it mixed with water is plain horrible! You've been warned!

I've followed this regime for 3 weeks now, and I feel better, I sleep better and have a positive outlook on my weight loss.

After 3 weeks of following this regime, I now weigh 270 lbs. My waist size has gone down from a 42" waist, to a 40" waist. I can see clearer muscle definition over my entire body. My goal is to see if I can get down to a 38" waist again!

I think I'm off to a fantastic start! I plan on drinking Almased for breakfast and lunch at least 5 days a week, and am pushing to do it 7 days a week, and having a sensible dinner, for the foreseeable future. I don't expect dramatic results, but if you plan on gaining small victories, then this may be a great start for you.

Also, if anyone is wanting to try this diet, please search online for Almased. I've found it locally in my city (DFW), and the price ranges anywhere from $27/can, in upwards of $38/can. This is insane! You can find it online, if you are diligent for around $20/can. Plan ahead when ordering, as it sucks to run out and have to buy the expensive cans while you wait for your next order to arrive. one can lasts me 2.5 days, but I used 10 scoop shakes as I'm a very tall man.

:smile:
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Do you know why someone said that aliased is soya and so bad for hypothyroidism????
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My professor is about 57 and tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago. She mixed with water, unsweetened cacoa and coconut oil in the morning. She used water, cinnamon and avacado oil in the afternoon and evening. She did the emergency bikini diet. I think seven days of almased and vegetable broth. However, she used a low salt chicken broth because "it has a little fat and made you feel like you were eating something."

She said after day two ... she was sleeping soo much better and it was very easy to maintain.

She advised that using avocado oil in the mix made her feel less hungry.

She lost 11 lbs the first week. She changed to 2 shakes a day and a sensible meal, and lost 5 lbs the second week.

I was so impressed that I bought a can. I do not know how agressive I will be, but I like the idea of a cleanse. And I can see how bright her face looks from sleeping like a baby every night.

So ... long story short. I am 46 and I will be starting this weekend. Even if my results are not as good as hers, I could use the jumpstart. I have been hanging around the same five pounds for months and months and need a push to get re-motivated.

My goal is to have something that will let me do the fast without losing muscle or feeling starved. If this does the trick, it will be worth the $$.

Personally, I am gonna try a mixture of water, almond milk and cinnamon. I read sooo many reviews online about the taste and ways to improve it. That being said ... regarding the "grittiness": it is because the content is less processed.. Something I am willing to tolerate to keep it close to natural ... I will tell you in three days if I still feel that way ...lol.
  • sammichPG
    sammichPG Posts: 30
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Almased Synergy Diet? If so, what kind of results did you have? Were there any side effects? If you are also diabetic how were your blood sugar levels affected? I really want to try it but I need some positive or negative feedback...

Thanks everyone!

Fad diet, stick to what works.