For nursing mfp'ers

Options
Anyone notice any changes in your supply when you started on mfp? My little monster is fussing a lot when nursing. I don't know if I'm drying up or if she's just going through a growth spurt again.She is a big girl, 17 lbs and almost 5 mos. and she's also teething. i'm hoping this is temporary.

Replies

• lovetamarav
    lovetamarav Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have not noticed a change in supply. With a baby that young you need to be sure you are getting the recommended 2400ish calories for nursing moms. I wouldn't cut much lower than that until your baby is on solids and ready to start dropping feedings. My daughter just turned one and is a little over 16lbs, but with the introduction of whole milk she's dropped two daytime feedings and I'm now comfortable cutting my calories back.
  • virgiithinkican
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I definitely don't want to jeapordize my supply, she won't be on solids for another month. And I am really under that amount of calories, I'm eating about 1500 a day. Gotta do what I gotta do, she comes first! I wish you and your baby the best!
  • craftzilla
    Options
    I am also nursing my 6 month old and have had no problems - and I'm dieting and doing intense workouts. My doctor said to simply drink A LOT of water. Good luck to you with your little monster =) My first one was my monster - now, god blessed me with an easy one.