Men...Beauty over brains. Or brains over beauty?

Options

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just because someone has big boobs or likes to take care of themselves doesn't mean they're stupid.
    I'd like to think I'm an intellgent person and I have some big ol' boobies.
    They are just as big as my brain ;) haha.

I didn`t take it as an either or assertion about ladies but rather one and not the other.
    I know lots of beautiful AND intelligent ladies (see friends list). :smile:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Stupidest question ever.

What man is going to say "beauty over brains" and risk getting henpecked by all of the super touchy women on this site?
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    In the words of Ron White..."You can`t fix stupid".

There obviously has to be a physical attraction but she has to have a brain.

Ron White = hilarious!
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    To each their own.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Stupidest question ever.

What man is going to say "beauty over brains" and risk getting henpecked by all of the super touchy women on this site?

Oh, you're so sweet. But good point. But I was just curious...guess curiosity really DID kill the cat.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    much of the time for women brains are an asset.... if you keep them hidden. smile & wave, smile & wave, & let them wonder what youre up to!
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    Just because someone has big boobs or likes to take care of themselves doesn't mean they're stupid.

Again, I didn't SAY that. No one is calling you stupid because you have big boobs. I did not say having big boobs makes one stupid. I asked a question to the MEN.

OH OK I CAN SEE BY THE CAPS LOCK YOU PUT ON MEN THAT MY OPINION IS INVALID...MOVING ALONG NOW...
  • MattHaviland620
    Options
    I like a combination of the two, but if I had to choose, I would choose Super Hot and any man that say different is lying.
  • Sasssy69
    Options

Again, I didn't SAY that. No one is calling you stupid because you have big boobs. I did not say having big boobs makes one stupid. I asked a question to the MEN.

OH OK I CAN SEE BY THE CAPS LOCK YOU PUT ON MEN THAT MY OPINION IS INVALID...MOVING ALONG NOW...

Not invalid. You just seemed a little touchy. As if you were taking it personal. That is all.

I knew posting something on this site was a bad idea. For f*** sake.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options

This whole forum you just seem really bitter....
    Geese, your pretty and smart we get it, and we can see it.
    So what, did some man call you dumb and ugly before?
    calm down-.-
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options

Quit being overly sensitive. She was curious about what men would prefer IF those were their only two options!! My wife is both beautiful AND smart as are many other women I know. But, given the choice, I'm going for a smart woman over a hot one IF those two things are mutually exclusive. Beauty fades; brains never do.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I like a combination of the two, but if I had to choose, I would choose Super Hot and any man that say different is lying.

Not this one,I want someone I can talk to about things not an airhead.
    Case in point Paris Hilton,in my opinion she is so incredibly stupid that I don`t even consider her attractive on the surface.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Okay, now, obviously I'm not a man.
    But, my personal opinion in this matter (again, personal opinion, I'm not asking you to agree) is that people will look at your appearance before your brain. (Unless you meet in some anonymous way). When an individual is at a bar/club/mall/whatever, they're likely to approach the more attractive person, seeing as they don't know that the ugly duckling in the corner is a total brainiac. I think people choose beauty over brains more often than not.

Afterall, you don't see IQ scores on the cover of magazines. You see airbrushed legs and fake tans.
  • Sasssy69
    Options

Case in point Paris Hilton,in my opinion she is so incredibly stupid that I don`t even consider her attractive on the surface.

I love you Carl. I agree.

As for me personally, I'm like you. I want someone I can talk to, with whom I can have thought provoking conversations. I also like to talk politics, so that's important too.

Maybe I should start a political thread....well, not on this site! LMAO!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

I love you Carl. I agree.

As for me personally, I'm like you. I want someone I can talk to, with whom I can have thought provoking conversations. I also like to talk politics, so that's important too.

Maybe I should start a political thread....well, not on this site! LMAO!

Oh geez! Dont go doing that here. hahaha

I agree with the brains thing. I want someone to keep me on my toes and challenge me. Debate me. You cant do that with an airhead. Man or woman.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I honestly look at a womans heart first. Does she love kids? Is she kind? IS she passionate? Because honestly there is somethign gorgeous about every woman, but truly having a loving heart isn't in everyone.

I agree! I have met some people who aren't the most beautiful, are not geniuses, but have the sweetest hearts you could ever imagine- and that makes them beautiful in my eyes.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Okay, now, obviously I'm not a man.
    But, my personal opinion in this matter (again, personal opinion, I'm not asking you to agree) is that people will look at your appearance before your brain. (Unless you meet in some anonymous way). When an individual is at a bar/club/mall/whatever, they're likely to approach the more attractive person, seeing as they don't know that the ugly duckling in the corner is a total brainiac. I think people choose beauty over brains more often than not.

Afterall, you don't see IQ scores on the cover of magazines. You see airbrushed legs and fake tans.

True, you choose hot women to LOOK at but we're not talking about who we would look at. We're talking about who we would choose for ourselves. And I am with Carl. Stupid women bug the **** out of me. I don't care how hot they are if they are a complete frickin moron.

When I wasn't married, I would have absolutely tried to find only hot women if all I cared about was a one night stand. But, as I cared about finding a relationship, I was looking for both brains and beauty (which I was lucky enough to find). And I know that I will be with my wife for the rest of our lives and while she won't always look as young and beautiful as she does right now, she will always be gorgeous to me INSIDE AND OUT.

Careful with those generalizations. Not every girl is a ***** and not every guy is an *kitten*.
  • Sasssy69
    Options
    I honestly look at a womans heart first. Does she love kids? Is she kind? IS she passionate? Because honestly there is somethign gorgeous about every woman, but truly having a loving heart isn't in everyone.

I agree! I have met some people who aren't the most beautiful, are not geniuses, but have the sweetest hearts you could ever imagine- and that makes them beautiful in my eyes.

Yep! Gotta have a good heart.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    A guy once told me no matter how hot a girl is there is a dude out there who is tired of putting up with her ****. It made me laugh.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options

Bull. We're not all as shallow as you apparently are.